COLONOSCOPY COMPLETION RATES: A COMPARISON BETWEEN STANDARD AND VARIABLE STIFFNESS COLONOSCOPES
- The importance of proper preparation for colonoscopy. // Medical Update;Sep99, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p2
Discusses the importance of proper preparation for colonoscopy, a medical examination of colon for precancerous polyps or any suspicious abnormality.
- Colonoscopy: The Truth About the Test. Raymond, Joan // Town & Country;Oct2007, Vol. 161 Issue 5329, p134
The article offers information on colonoscopy.
- Colonscopy. Leslis, A.; Steele, R.J.C. // Journal of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh;Apr2002, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p502
Describes key steps in performing colonoscopy. Indications for colonoscopy; Colonic symptoms; Preparation for colonoscopy; Use of video colonoscope.
- Introduction. // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);1/25/2012, Issue 605, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the various reports within the issue including colonoscopy, letters to the editor and scientific procedure of colonoscopy.
- Colonoscope length and procedure efficiency. Dickey, William; Garrett, Daphne // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan2002, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p79
OBJECTIVE:We set out to compare the success of colonoscopy using long and intermediate length standard adult instruments.METHODS:An intermediate length (133 cm working length) and long (168 cm) videocolonoscope were used on an alternate patient basis during routine endoscopy lists. Completion...
- Response to Feuerstein et al. Schoenfeld, Philip // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug2014, Vol. 109 Issue 8, p1289
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article in the previous issue about the use of colonoscopy following a fair bowel preparation.
- Colonoscopy Is Appropriately Utilized In Most Cases Following a Fair Bowel Prep. Feuerstein, Joseph D; Leffler, Daniel A; Cheifetz, Adam S // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug2014, Vol. 109 Issue 8, p1289
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "The impact of bowel cleansing on follow-up recommendations in average-risk patients with a normal colonoscopy," by S. B. Menees, E. Elliott, S. Govani et al. in a 2014 issue.
- Clinical Competence in Colonoscopy. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Nov87, Vol. 107 Issue 5, p772
Provides information on the content of the guideline developed by the American College of Physicians for the competent performance of colonoscopy. Overview of the procedure; Indications, contraindications and complications of the procedure; Importance of training.
- Cap-assisted colonoscopy versus conventional colonoscopy: systematic review and meta-analysis. He, Qiong; Li, Jian-dong; An, Sheng-li; Liu, Si-de; Xiao, Bing; Zhang, Ya-li; Jiang, Bo; Bai, Yang; Zhi, Fa-chao // International Journal of Colorectal Disease;Feb2013, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p279
A letter to the editor about cap/hood-assisted colonoscopy (CAC) is presented.
- Colonoscopy: Procedural Skills. Worthington, Dennis V. // American Family Physician;9/1/2000, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p1177
Presents information on colonoscopy, an invasive medical procedure. Purpose of the medical procedure; Scope of practice for family physicians; Clinical indications; Training methods; Complications of colonoscopy.