A STUDY OF THE LEARNING CURVE FOR A COLONOSCOPY SIMULATOR WITHOUT ANY FEEDBACK: NO FEEDBACK, NO LEARNING OF THE MACHINE ITSELF
- The importance of proper preparation for colonoscopy. // Medical Update;Sep99, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p2
Discusses the importance of proper preparation for colonoscopy, a medical examination of colon for precancerous polyps or any suspicious abnormality.
- COLON CANCER: MOVING CLOSER TO A CURE. // Medical Update;Jun2001, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p1
Provides information on virtual colonoscopy to diagnose and treat colon cancer.
- Colonoscopy in Management of Colonic Strictures. Hunt, Richard H.; Teague, Robin H.; Swarbrick, Edwin T.; Williams, Christopher B. // British Medical Journal;8/9/1975, Vol. 3 Issue 5979, p360
Assesses the use of colonoscopy in the management of colonic strictures. Fallacy of the possibility of making a pre-examination diagnosis; Safety of colonoscopy in elucidating the differential diagnosis of strictures of the large bowel; Inability of colonoscopy in distinguishing between...
- Importance of Adenomas 5 mm or Less in Diameter That Are Detected by Sigmoidoscopy. Read, Thomas E.; Read, Julie D.; Butterly, Lynn F. // New England Journal of Medicine;1/2/97, Vol. 336 Issue 1, p8
Background: The need for colonoscopy in patients with adenomas 5 mm or less in diameter that are detected by sigmoidoscopy is controversial. Methods: We prospectively determined the prevalence of proximal colonic neoplasms in asymptomatic patients at average risk for colorectal cancer, each of...
- Colonoscopy: The Truth About the Test. Raymond, Joan // Town & Country;Oct2007, Vol. 161 Issue 5329, p134
The article offers information on colonoscopy.
- Bruce's Choice. Goldberg, Charlie // Annals of Internal Medicine;5/21/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 10, p777
Focuses on the issues related to development of metastatic colon cancer. Importance of colonoscopy in determining the disease; Symptoms of the disorder; Factors contributing to the development of cancer.
- Critical Decisions in the Management of Endoscopic Perforations of the Colon. Clements, Ronald H.; Jordan, Linda M. // American Surgeon;Jan2000, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p91
The ideal management of suspected colon perforation following colonoscopy remains elusive because the incidence is only 0.1 to 2.0 per cent. The patient with obvious perforation deserves immediate exploration, but the patient with equivocal findings poses a diagnostic dilemma. We propose an...
- Increase in Colonoscopies Associated With Decrease in Colorectal Cancer Deaths. // Mayo Clinic Women's Health Source;Sep2010, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p3
The article discusses a study published in the online edition of "American Journal of Gastroenterology" on March 2, 2010, in which researchers found that the increase of colonoscopies since the early 1990s associates with the decrease in colorectal cancer related deaths among 2.4 million men and...
- Volume and yield of screening colonoscopy at a tertiary medical center after change in medicare reimbursement. Prajapati, Devang N.; Saeian, Kia; Binion, David G.; Staff, David M.; Kim, Joseph P.; Massey, Benson T.; Hogan, Walter J. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan2003, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p194
: ObjectiveStarting July 1, 2001, Medicare began to reimburse for screening colonoscopy in asymptomatic adults older than 50 yr with no risk factors for colorectal cancer. We sought to determine the short-term impact of the change in Medicare reimbursement on the demand for and yield of...
- CT colonography to detect colorectal polyps: a virtual success?: Yee J, Akerkar GA, Hung RK, et al., Colorectal Neoplasia: Performance Characteristics of CT Colonography for Detection in 300 Patients, Radiology 2001;219(3):685—92. Pineau, Benoit C.; Ott, David J. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan2003, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p210
The purpose of this study was to determine the sensitivity and specificity of CT colonography (CTC) to detect colorectal polyps and cancer compared with conventional colonoscopy. In this investigation, 300 patients (97% male; mean age 62.6 yr) at a university-affiliated Veterans Affair hospital...