THREE YEARS OF PATIENT-LED THERAPY IN ULCERATIVE COLITIS WITH A SINGLE AMINOSALICYLATE, BALSALAZIDE: A LONG TERM OBSERVATIONAL STUDY
- Ellen Beck, Daughter of Dr. Gerson's Patient. Beck, Ellen // Gerson Healing Newsletter;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p6
Presents a letter concerning the benefits of Gerson therapy. Uncertainty on the efficacy of pain killers for ulcerative colitis; Diagnosis of ulcerated colitis.
- New steroids for IBD: progress report. Hanauer, S.B. // Gut;Aug2002, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p182
Discusses the improvement of therapies for ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease. Absorption efficiency of budenoside; Potency of non-systemic steroids; Efficacy of controlled release formulations.
- Interferon-Î²-1a. // Reactions Weekly;3/12/2011, Issue 1342, p20
The article describes the case of a 44-year-old woman who acquired ulcerative colitis while undergoing treatment with interferon-Î²-1a.
- Balsalazide. // Reactions Weekly;1/10/2009, Issue 1234, p10
The article describes the case of a 38-year-old man who developed myocarditis while being treated with balsalazide for ulcerative colitis. Following his diagnosis of ulcerative colitis, he was given mesalazine. His medication was replaced to balsalazide and prednisolone. He developed...
- Sulfasalazine. // Reactions Weekly;1/14/2012, Issue 1384, p53
The article describes the case of a 17-year-old boy who developed drug reaction with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms (DRESS) syndrome after receiving sulfasalazine for ulcerative colitis.
- Four-Year Maintenance Treatment With Adalimumab in Patients with Moderately to Severely Active Ulcerative Colitis: Data from ULTRA 1, 2, and 3. Colombel, Jean-Frederic; Sandborn, William J; Ghosh, Subrata; Panaccione, Remo; Wolf, Douglas C; Feagan, Brian; Reinisch, Walter; Robinson, Anne M; Huang, Bidan; Skup, Martha; Thakkar, Roopal B; Lazar, Andreas; Kron, Martina // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov2014, Vol. 109 Issue 11, p1771
OBJECTIVES:The safety and efficacy of adalimumab for patients with moderately to severely active ulcerative colitis (UC) has been reported up to week 52 from the placebo-controlled trials ULTRA (Ulcerative Colitis Long-Term Remission and Maintenance with Adalimumab) 1 and 2. Up to 4 years of...
- A new use for nicotine patches. Brown, Edwin W. // Medical Update;Nov97, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p4
Reports that the nicotine patches can be used in relieving the symptoms of ulcerative colitis. Symptoms of the disease; Study conducted by the researchers from Mayo Clinic on the nicotine patches; Finding of the study on the stool frequency and rectal bleeding of patients who wore nicotine patches.
- Nicotine may help ulcerative colitis. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);03/22/97, Vol. 314 Issue 7084, p846
Reports on the possible benefits of transdermal nicotine in the treatment of ulcerative colitis.
- ULCERATIVE COLITIS. // Current Medical Literature: Gastroenterology;2005, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p87
The section presents the results of several studies on ulcerative colitis. The topics of the studies were the use of infliximab as rescue therapy for severe to moderately severe ulcerative colitis, the link between ischemic colitis and rofecoxib use and the application of leukocytapheresis in...