GENETIC EVIDENCE FOR INTERACTION OF THE 5Q31 CYTOKINE LOCUS AND THE CARD15 GENE IN CROHN'S DISEASE
- nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain proteins. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1602
An encyclopedia entry for "nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain proteins" is presented, referring to a family of cytoplasmic proteins recognizing molecules associated with disease-causing bacteria and stimulating cells to secrete cytokines and costimulatory molecules.
- Visualizing telomere dynamics in living mammalian cells using PNA probes. Chris Molenaar; Karien Wiesmeijer; Nico P. Verwoerd; Shadi Khazen; Roland Eils; Hans J. Tanke; Roeland W. Dirks // EMBO Journal;12/15/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p6631
Chromosome ends are protected from degradation by the presence of the highly repetitive hexanucleotide sequence of TTAGGG and associated proteins. These so-called telomeric complexes are suggested to play an important role in establishing a functional nuclear chromatin organization. Using...
- Part three in the book of genes. Hattori, Masahira; Taylor, Todd D. // Nature;12/20/2001-12/27/2001, Vol. 414 Issue 6866, p854
Focuses on the publication of the complete DNA sequence of chromosome 20. Description of chromosome 20; Identification of 727 genes; Analysis on the sequence of chromosome 20.
- The DNA sequence and comparative analysis of human chromosome. Deloukas, P.; Matthews, L.H.; Ashurst, J.; Burton, J.; Gilbert, J.G.R.; Jones, M.; Stavrides, G.; Almelda, J.P.; Babbage, A.K.; Bagguley, C.L.; Balley, J.; Barlow, K.F.; Bates, K.N.; Beard, L.M.; Beare, D.M.; Beasley, O.P.; Bird, C.P.; Blakey, S.E. // Nature;12/20/2001-12/27/2001, Vol. 414 Issue 6866, p865
Reports the completion of the sequence of the first metacentric human chromosome. Collections of the human and mouse messenger RNA sequences; Assessment of the quality and completeness of human gene annotation through independent analysis; Methods for defining transcription start sites and...
- The AZFc region of the Y chromosome features massive palindromes and uniform recurrent deletions in infertile men. Kuroda-Kawaguchi, Tomoko; Skaletsky, Helen; Brown, Laura G.; Minx, Patrick J.; Cordum, Holland S.; Waterston, Robert H.; Wilson, Richard K.; Silber, Sherman; Oates, Robert; Rozen, Steve; Page, David C. // Nature Genetics;Nov2001, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p279
Deletions of the AZFc (azoospermia factor c) region of the Y chromosome are the most common known cause of spermatogenic failure. We determined the complete nucleotide sequence of AZFc by identifying and distinguishing between near-identical amplicons (massive repeat units) using an iterative...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of two novel genes on chromosome 8p21.3. Kinjo, T.; Isomura, M.; Iwamasa, T.; Nakamura, Y. // Journal of Human Genetics;2000, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p12
Abstract Through large-scale sequencing of genomic DNA from human chromosome 8p22-p21.3 we have isolated two novel genes, designated GKI and G5. Their predicted products showed no significant similarity to any known proteins in public databases. A comparison of GK1 cDNA sequences, which encode a...
- The DNA sequence and analysis of human chromosome 6. Mungall, A.J.; Palmer, S.A.; Sims, S.K.; Edwards, C.A.; Ashurst, J.L.; Wilming, L.; Jones, M.C.; Horton, R.; Hunt, S.E.; Scott, C.E.; Gilbert, J.G.R.; Clamp, M.E.; Bethel, G.; Milne, S.; Ainscough, R.; Almeida, J.P.; Ambrose, K.D.; Andrews, T.D.; Ashwell, R.I.S. // Nature;10/23/2003, Vol. 425 Issue 6960, p805
Chromosome 6 is a metacentric chromosome that constitutes about 6% of the human genome. The finished sequence comprises 166,880,988 base pairs, representing the largest chromosome sequenced so far. The entire sequence has been subjected to high-quality manual annotation, resulting in the...
- Genomics: Six is seventh. Grimwood, Jane; Schmutz, Jeremy // Nature;10/23/2003, Vol. 425 Issue 6960, p775
Comments on an article pertaining to the DNA sequence and analysis of the human chromosome 6 published in the October 23, 2003 issue of the 'Nature' journal. Average gene density per megabase of chromosome 6; Presence of major histocompatibility complex in the DNA sequence of the chromosome;...
- Patterns of Y and X chromosome DNA sequence divergence during the Felidae radiation. Slattery, Jill Pecon; O'Brien, Stephen J. // Genetics;Mar98, Vol. 148 Issue 3, p1245
Presents a study which examined the patterns of Y and X chromosome deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) sequence in Felidae. Method used in this study; Estimation of the Y/X mutation ratio; Results of this study.