MUTATIONS OF TOLL-LIKE RECEPTOR 4 AND CD14 GENES ARE NOT ASSOCIATED WITH SUSCEPTIBILITY OR DISEASE BEHAVIOUR IN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE
- Molecular immunology of antibodies and T cell receptor. Rabbits, T.H. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);10/3/1987, Vol. 295 Issue 6602, p834
Examines the molecular immunology of antibodies and T cell receptors. Ability of the immune system to react and neutralize antigens; Distinction between B and T cell receptors; Association of T cell receptors with other proteins on the cell surface.
- In this issue. // Nature Biotechnology;Feb2014, Vol. 32 Issue 2, pvii
An introduction to the periodical is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including high-dimensional analysis of the immune system, strategies for sequencing T-Cell Receptor repertoires, and cytometry approaches for T Cells identification.
- Small anti-viral compounds activate immune cells via the TLR7 MyD88?dependent signaling pathway. Hemmi, Hiroaki; Kaisho, Tsuneyasu; Takeuchi, Osamu; Sato, Shintaro; Sanjo, Hideki; Hoshino, Katsuaki; Horiuchi, Takao; Tomizawa, Hideyuki; Takeda, Kiyoshi; Akira, Shizuo // Nature Immunology;Feb2002, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p196
The imidazoquinoline compounds imiquimod and R-848 are low-molecular-weight immune response modifiers that can induce the synthesis of interferon-Î± and other cytokines in a variety of cell types. These compounds have potent anti-viral and anti-tumor properties; however, the mechanisms by...
- Thanks for the memory. Gray, David // Nature Immunology;Jul2000, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p11
Compares the response of naive and memory T cell receptor transgenic CD8[sup +] T cells to antigen in vivo. Occurrence of 'attrition' due to the process of homeostasis on the memory pool; Investigation of the kinetics and requirements for activation of naive and memory T cells; Complexity of...
- How cannabis calms immune system. Mundy, Rachel // New Scientist;12/4/2010, Vol. 208 Issue 2789, p01
The article discusses research reported by scientist Prakash Nagarkatti and colleagues in an issue of the "European Journal of Immunology" on the role of cannabis-ingredient delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) in dampening the immune system and elevating the risk of infection in cannabis smokers.
- Microbiota restricts trafficking of bacteria to mesenteric lymph nodes by CX3CR1hi cells. Diehl, Gretchen E.; Longman, Randy S.; Zhang, Jing-Xin; Breart, Beatrice; Galan, Carolina; Cuesta, Adolfo; Schwab, Susan R.; Littman, Dan R. // Nature;2/7/2013, Vol. 494 Issue 7435, p116
The intestinal microbiota has a critical role in immune system and metabolic homeostasis, but it must be tolerated by the host to avoid inflammatory responses that can damage the epithelial barrier separating the host from the luminal contents. Breakdown of this regulation and the resulting...
- Nomenclature for T-cell receptor (TCR) gene segments of the immune system. // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;1993, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p113
The recommended procedures and criteria for T-cell receptor (TCR) designations are described. The officially adopted designations are for the TCR A, B, D and G loci and for V, D, J and C segments.
- The Biology of the T-Cell Antigen Receptor and Its Role in the Skin Immune System. Siu, Gerald; Springer, Elizabeth A.; Hedrick, Stephen M. // Journal of Investigative Dermatology;Jun90 Supplement, Vol. 94, p91s
T lymphocytes play an important role in the generation, maintenance, and specificity of the skin immune response. T cells are the predominant class of lymphocytes found in the skin and moderate many of the initial immune responses, such as allergic contact and delayed-type hypersensitivity. In...
- A Role for Rebinding in Rapid and Reliable T Cell Responses to Antigen. Dushek, Omer; Das, Raibatak; Coombs, Daniel // PLoS Computational Biology;Nov2009, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p1
Experimental work has shown that T cells of the immune system rapidly and specifically respond to antigenic molecules presented on the surface of antigen-presenting-cells and are able to discriminate between potential stimuli based on the kinetic parameters of the T cell receptor-antigen bond....