THE ASSOCIATION BETWEEN ELECTROGASTROGRAPHY AND GASTRIC EMPTYING IN NON-ULCER DYSPEPSIA
- Electrogastrography in patients with postprandial distress syndrome. Dobrek, Łukasz; Syguła, Anna; Thor, Piotr J. // Gastroenterologia Polska / Gastroenterology;2008, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p91
Introduction: The functional dyspepsia (FD) currently involves postprandial distress syndrome (PDS), previously named dysmotility-like dyspepsia (DLD), and epigastric pain syndrome (EPS). PDS is a clinical condition characterised by bothersome postprandial fullness, gastric meal retention and...
- Antral Inflammatory Cells, Gastric Emptying, and Electrogastrography in Pediatric Functional Dyspepsia. Craig Friesen; Zhiyue Lin; Meenal Singh; Vivekanand Singh; Jennifer Schurman; Nanci Burchell; Jose Cocjin; Richard McCallum // Digestive Diseases & Sciences;Oct2008, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p2634
AbstractÂ Â The aims of the current study were to determine the activation states of antral eosinophils and mast cells and to evaluate the interactions of antral inflammatory cells with gastric emptying and electrogastrography (EGG) in 30 pediatric patients with functional dyspepsia....
- Podstawowe zasady badania oraz znaczenie kliniczne elektrogastrografii (EGG) u dzieci i dorosÅ‚ych -- konsensus wrocÅ‚awski. Iwańczak, Barbara; Pytrus, Tomasz; Fyderek, Krzysztof; Kaczmarski, Maciej; Uścinowicz, Mirosława; Jonderko, Krzysztof Paweł; Mazur, Marcel; Semianów-Wejchert, Jarosława; Waśko-Czopnik, Dorota; Ksiądzyna, Dorota; Wąsowska-Królikowska, Krystyna; Parzęcka, Monika; Romańczuk, Bartosz; Iwańczak, Franciszek; Paradowski, Leszek // Gastroenterologia Polska / Gastroenterology;2010, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p105
Introduction: Electrogastrography (EGG) is a noninvasive diagnostic method recording gastric electrical activity with electrodes affixed to the abdominal wall overlying the stomach. The paper presents consensus on EGG with respect to indications, methodics, interpretation of the results in...
- Functional dyspepsia. Anderson, Eric G. // Patient Care;4/30/1996, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p76
Presents information on a patient named Jake who came to the author with indigestion. Presentation of records from previous doctor by patient; What records revealed; Jake's experience of functional dyspepsia.
- Challenges in managing dyspepsia in general practice. Agreus, Lars; Talley, Nicholas // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/15/97, Vol. 315 Issue 7118, p1284
Talks about the management of dyspepsia. Dilemmas faced by general practitioners; Dyspepsia subgroups; Ulcer-like and dysmotility-like dyspepsia; Gastro-esophageal reflux symptoms; Endoscopy versus empiric treatment; Non-invasive tests for Helicobacter pylori; Management strategy for patients...
- Got a gut feeling? Halvorsen, Richard // Director (00123242);
Examines the causes of indigestion and distinguishing heartburn from more serious conditions. Features of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease or heartburn; Symptoms; Tests used to diagnose the disease.
- Dyspepsia: Whom to treat and how. Donaldson Jr., Robert M.; R.M.D. // Cortlandt Forum;12/20/95, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p49
Discusses various aspects of treatment of dyspepsia, or indigestion. Treatment method recommended by the American College of Physicians during the 1980s; National Institutes of Health's rejection of the method.
- British guidelines on dyspepsia. // American Family Physician;6/1/1997, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p2852
Presents a study on dyspepsia, a common disease in Great Britain as published in `The Practitioner,' dated January, 1997. Treatment of the disease; Improvements in the management of the disease.
- Modifications of electrogastrographic activity during the viewing of brief film sequences. Baldaro, Bruno; Battacchi, Marco W. // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Jun96, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p1243
Assesses the effects of two film sequences on electrogastrographic (EGG), electromyographic (EMG) and heart-rate responses during digestion. Measurement of the physiological measures before and during the projection of each film; Effect of the type of film on the self-ratings of emotional states.