RISK OF EXTRA-OESOPHAGEAL MALIGNANCIES IN BARRETT'S OESOPHAGUS AND IN GASTRO-OESOPHAGEAL REFLUX
- Acid reflux impacts quality of life. // Chain Drug Review;2/13/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p31
The article informs that cases of chronic gastroesophageal reflux disease have increased in the U.S. over the past decade.
- Is It Really Heartburn? Tennesen, Michael // Prevention;Mar2002, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p112
Focuses on gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD) with information on its symptoms, the potential threat of esophageal cancer, and treatments, including medication and diet changes. INSETS: WHAT ABOUT SURGERY?;HOW MANY CHEESEBURGERS DOES IT TAKE TO GIVE YOU HEARTBURN?.
- Erratum: Use of a Simple Symptom Questionnaire to Predict Barrett's Esophagus in Patients With Symptoms of Gastroesophageal Reflux. Gerson, Lauren B; Edson, Robert; Lavori, Philips W; Triadafilopoulos, George // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May2014, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p781
A correction to the article "Use of a Simple Symptom Questionnaire to Predict Barrett's Esophagus in Patients With Symptoms of Gastroesophageal Reflux" that was published in the previous issue is presented.
- Oesophagogastric fistula: a post-operative complication. Alzaroa, A.; Kelty, C.; Jacob, G.; White, D. // Gut;Sep2007, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p1225
A quiz concerning the diagnosis of a patient with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GORD) is presented.
- Medical Therapy of Reflux Esophagitis. Castell, Donald O. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Dec80, Vol. 93 Issue 6, p926
Comments on the medical therapy of gastroesophageal reflux. Discussion on the treatment of reflux esophagitis; Therapeutic use of bethanechol for treatment of esophagitis; Transition on the therapy of acid peptic disorders.
- The Pathogenesis of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease: A Challenge in Clinical Physiology. Cohen, Sidney // Annals of Internal Medicine;12/15/92, Vol. 117 Issue 12, p1051
Explores a controversy on the pathogenesis of gastroesophageal reflux disease. Definition of the disease; Reason behind the difficulty of understanding the role of lower esophageal sphincter in the disease; Discussion on patient care.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. // Radiologic Technology;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p269
A quiz concerning gastroesophageal reflux disease is presented.
- Gastroesohageal Reflux. Richter, Joel E.; Castell, Donald O. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jul82, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p93
Provides information on the pathogenesis, diagnosis and therapy of gastroesophageal reflux. Discussion on pathogenesis of reflux disease; Clinical tests for reflux; Therapy of reflux.
- Head and Neck Manifestations of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. Ahuja, Vanita; Yencha, Myron W. // American Family Physician;9/1/1999, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p873
Discusses the manifestation of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Pathophysiology; Diagnosis; Clinical presentation GERD; Complications.