HOW BEST TO ASSESS SYMPTOMATIC OUTCOMES OF THERAPY IN GASTRO-OESOPHAGEAL REFLUX DISEASE TRIALS: A SYSTEMATIC REVIEW
- Treating Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease During Pregnancy and Lactation: What are the Safest Therapy Options? Broussard, C.N.; Richter, J.E. // Drug Safety;Oct1998, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p325
Gastro-oesophageal reflux and heartburn are reported by 45 to 85% of women during pregnancy. Typically, the heartburn of pregnancy is new onset and is precipitated by the hormonal effects of estrogen and progesterone on lower oesophageal sphincter function. In mild cases, the patient should be...
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. // American Family Physician;10/1/2003, Vol. 68 Issue 7, Special section p1
Focuses on a common digestive problem called gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Symptoms of GERD; Diagnosis of the disease; Treatment for GERD.
- Overview of Therapy for the Extraesophageal Manifestations of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. DeVault, Kenneth R. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug2000 Supplement 2, Vol. 95, pS39
Provides information on the therapy for the extra-esophageal manifestations of gastroesophageal reflux disease. Response of extra-esophageal manifestations to anti-reflux surgery; Comparison between medical and surgical therapy.
- A 59-Year-Old Woman With Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and Barrett Esophagus. Spechler, Stuart Jon // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;1/22/2003, Vol. 289 Issue 4, p466
Presents a profile of the patient-physician relationship in the case of a 59-year-old woman with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and Barrett esophagus. Symptoms; Diagnosis; Treatment for such symptoms as heartburn; Epidemiology of GERD; Evaluation of patients with GERD; Medical and...
- Symptomatic outcome following laparoscopic anterior partial fundoplication: follow-up of a series of 200 patients. Ross, S.; Jabbar, A.; Ramsay, C.R.; Watson, A.J.M.; Grant, A.M.; Krukowski, Z.H. // Journal of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh;Dec2000, Vol. 45 Issue 6
Focuses on patients perceived symptomatic outcome following laparoscopic anterior partial fundoplication for gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD) in Aberdeen, Scotland. Prevalence of good surgical outcomes as indicated by patient response to postal questionnaires; Decrease of GORD symptoms...
- Heartburn in Patients with Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease in Germany and Sweden: A Study on Patients’ Burden of Disease. Jones, Roger; Horbach, Silke; Sander, Peter; Rydén-Bergsten, Tina // PharmacoEconomics;2003, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p1091
Background: Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD) is widespread in the general population and presents in most cases with heartburn as the main symptom. The severity of symptoms is not necessarily related to erosive damage to the oesophagus due to acid reflux, but the frequency and severity...
- Barrett’s esophagus: prevalence in symptomatic relatives. Romero, Yvonne; Cameron, Alan J.; Schaid, Daniel J.; McDonnell, Shannon K.; Burgart, Lawrence J.; Hardtke, Cyndy L.; Murray, Joseph A.; Locke III, G. Richard // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May2002, Vol. 97 Issue 5, p1127
OBJECTIVES:Relatives of patients with Barrettâ€™s esophagus have an increased prevalence of reflux symptoms. Our aim was to find if these relatives were at increased risk of having Barrettâ€™s esophagus.METHODS:First degree relatives of patients with Barrettâ€™s esophagus...
- Clinical, endoscopic, and functional studies in 408 patients with Barrett’s esophagus, compared to 174 cases of intestinal metaplasia of the cardia. Csendes, Attila; Smok, Gladys; Quiroz, Juan; Burdiles, Patricio; Rojas, Jorge; Castro, César; Henrıquez, Ana // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar2002, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p554
OBJECTIVE:The pathophysiology of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) has been studied extensively in patients with long-segment Barrettâ€™s esophagus (LSBE), but few reports have explored GERD pathophysiology in patients who have short-segment Barrettâ€™s esophagus (SSBE) or...
- TEST QUESTIONS. // Drug Topics;1/8/2007, Vol. 151 Issue 1, p54
A quiz about the symptoms and treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease is presented.