A NEW CONCEPT: FUNCTIONAL OESOPHAGEAL MAPPING
- Fish Bone in Throat Presented with Neck Emphysema. Mohamad, Irfan; Yusof, Suhaimi; Abdullah, Baharudin // International Medical Journal;Dec2009, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p275
Introduction: Foreign body fish bone in throat is not uncommon in otolaryngology practice. Usually the patient will present with symptom of feeling something stuck in throat. Most of time, the fish bone can be seen and removed immediately in the clinic. Migrated foreign body fish bone, however...
- A slice of life on the Internet. Kiernan, Vincent // New Scientist;12/3/94, Vol. 144 Issue 1954, p5
Features a digital archive of human anatomy produced by the Visible Human Project at the National Library of Medicine. Use of magnetic resonance imaging and computerized tomography to scan donated corpse; Slicing of body into cross sections; Standards for selection of human subject; Plans for...
- Continuous quality improvement process to track lost radiographs and reduce losses. Blane, Caroline E.; Dunnick, Reed; Cotton, Lisa A.; Cascade, Philip N. // Canadian Association of Radiologists Journal;Dec2001, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p373
Describes the quality improvement process occur in the Department of Radiology. Reduction of numbers of incomplete imaging studies; Decrease of time from the initiation of an imaging study to printing of the final report; Use of computer programs to generate radiology information.
- The Scientific Computing & Instrumentation Internet Guide to Imaging Hardware/Software. // Scientific Computing & Instrumentation;Jan2000, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p32
Provides information on several scientific imaging computer software. Aphelion Developer from Amerinex Applied Imaging; Object Manager Interface from Cognex Corp.; Leica QPloidy from Leica Microsystems.
- Erratum to: One-class kernel subspace ensemble for medical image classification. Zhang, Yungang; Zhang, Bailing; Coenen, Frans; Xiao, Jimin; Lu, Wenjin // EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing;10/13/2015, Vol. 2015 Issue 1, p1
A correction to the article "One-class kernel subspace ensemble for medical image classification" that was published in the October 2015 issue is presented.
- How Many Swallows Are Required to Establish Reliable Esophageal Peristaltic Parameters in Normal Subjects? An On--Line Computer Analysis. DeVault, Ken; Castell, June; Castell, Donald // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug1987, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p754
Esophageal manometric parameters are often examined using from four to 10 or more swallows to obtain a manometric profile without addressing the question of the reproducibility of these data. We asked the question of "how much is enough?" by statistically comparing five sets of 10 wet swallows...
- Finding the best contrast medium and other esophagography tips. Axam, Tasha M. // Veterinary Medicine;May2011, Vol. 106 Issue 5, p229
The article focuses on the search for the best contrast medium for esophagography method in veterinary medicine in the U.S. It highlights the liquid barium, barium paste or cream, and barium food mixture as the contrast media used to evaluate the static esophageal of animals. It mentions that...
- La pH-metrÃa y la manometrÃa esofÃ¡gica como estudios Ãºtiles en Medicina Interna. Córdova Pluma, Víctor Huggo; Vega López, Cesar Augusto; Esparza Aguilar, Edgar Alain; Abreu Ramos, Osear Antonio // Medicina Interna de Mexico;may/jun2011, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p253
The esophageal pH-metry and manometry are two of the most requested medical examinations in the diagnosis of esophageal illness. In this field there are diseases as frequent as the Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, and as unusual as the Achalasia. It is mandatory to know these both examinations...
- Esophageal capsule endoscopy. Fernandez-Urien, Ignacio; Carretero, Cristina; Armendariz, Raul; Muñoz-Navas, Miguel; De Palma, Giovanni D. // World Journal of Gastroenterology;9/14/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 34, p5254
Capsule endoscopy is now considered as the first imaging tool for small bowel examination. Recently, new capsule endoscopy applications have been developed, such as esophageal capsule endoscopy and colon capsule endoscopy. Esophageal capsule endoscopy in patients with suspected esophageal...