SEVERITY OF DYSPLASIA IN COLONIC POLYPS AND NOT LESION SIZE IS DIFFERENTIALLY ASSOCIATED WITH ELEVATED FAECAL CALPROTECTINâ€”A COMPARATIVE STUDY WITH FAECAL [sub Î±]1ANTITRYPSIN
- Low prevalence of 'classical' microscopic colitis but evidence of microscopic inflammation in Asian Irritable Bowel Syndrome patients with diarrhoea. Hilmi, Ida; Hartono, Juanda Leo; Pailoor, Jayalakshmi; Mahadeva, Sanjiv; Goh, Khean-Lee // BMC Gastroenterology;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Background: There is increasing evidence for the role of microscopic inflammation in patients with IBS. We aimed to examine the prevalence of microscopic colitis and inflammation in Malaysian IBS patients with diarrhoea (IBS-D). Methods: Consecutive patients who met the Rome III criteria for...
- IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME AN EXCLUSION DIAGNOSIS â€“ WHERE IS THE PLACE OF CT COLONOGRAPHY? MORARU, A. G.; DICULESCU, M. M.; MORARU, I. G. // Bulletin of the Transilvania University of Brasov, Seriels VI: M;2012, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p91
Computed tomographic colonography (CTC) is an alternative to optical colonoscopy, in dedicated circumstances, for the examination of the colon. We made a literature review and a retrospective analysis regarding CTC in a single imaging center between august 2009 and July 2012.
- Irritable bowel syndrome. // American Family Physician;2/15/1997, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p883
Provides information on irritable bowel syndrome. Medical definition for this disorder; Who it most likely will affect; What causes this disorder; Symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome; Treatment of the disorder.
- Irritable bowel syndrome. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Sep97, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p4
Presents information on irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Diagnosis; Determination of cause; Role of emotional stress; Psychodynamic therapy; Cognitive behavioral therapy; Hypnosis. INSET: Getting help..
- The challenge of irritable bowel syndrome. Bonis, Peter A.L.; Norton, Richard A. // American Family Physician;3/1/1996, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p1229
Reports on the diagnosis and treatment of irritable bowel syndrome. Epidemiology; Pathophysiology; Diagnosis; Treatment.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: What it is and what to do about it. // American Family Physician;3/1/1996, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p1241
Presents answers to queries concerning irritable bowel syndrome. Includes queries on the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome; Query on how one would know if one is suffering from irritable bowel syndrome; Query on the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome.
- CME POST-TEST. // JAAPA: Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (;Mar2009 Supplement, p22
A quiz concerning irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is presented.
- New IBS therapy nears the market. // Gastrointestinal Nursing;Oct2012, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p6
The article reports that patients with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) with constipation may soon benefit from a new treatment Linaclotide which reduces visceral pain and relieves constipation in IBS patients.
- Living with IBS. Smith, Graeme D. // Gastrointestinal Nursing;Feb2013, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p31
The article reviews the book "Living with IBS," by Nuno Ferreira and David Gillanders.