IN BARRETT'S OESOPHAGUS, ACID REFLUX GENERATES HIGH CONCENTRATIONS OF NITRIC OXIDE DERIVED FROM DIETARY NITRATE
- REVIEW The restriction site mutation (RSM) method: clinical applications. G.J.S. Jenkins // Mutagenesis;Jan2004, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p3
The restriction site mutation (RSM) method has been developed over the past 13 years as a sensitive mutation test which can detect mutations in restriction sites in any gene. Due to the fact that 5/8 of the main mutation hotspots in the TP53 gene fall within restriction sites, RSM can analyse...
- Enhancement of Lutein Production in Chlorella sorokiniana (Chorophyta) by Improvement of Culture Conditions and Random Mutagenesis. Cordero, Baldo F.; Obraztsova, Irina; Couso, Inmaculada; Leon, Rosa; Angeles Vargas, Maria; Rodriguez, Herminia // Marine Drugs;Sep2011, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p1607
Chlorella sorokiniana has been selected for lutein production, after a screening of thirteen species of microalgae, since it showed both a high content in this carotenoid and a high growth rate. The effects of several nutritional and environmental factors on cell growth and lutein accumulation...
- ESOPHAGEAL TONE IN ACHALASIA: "NOT QUITE DEAD YET" DeVault, Kenneth R.; Johnson, David // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jul1998, Vol. 93 Issue 7, p1184
A novel technique was used to evaluate esophageal tone in a series of patients with achalasia. A barostat bag was placed into the esophagus of 14 patients with untreated achalasia and 14 normal controls. In eight of the achalasia patients, tone was also measured 1 month after treatment. The...
- Nitrate assimilation in Lotus japonicus. Márquez, Antonio J.; Betti, Marco; García-Calderón, Margarita; Pal'ove-Balang, Peter; Díaz, Pedro; Monza, Jorge // Journal of Experimental Botany;Jul2005, Vol. 56 Issue 417, p1741
This paper summarizes some recent advances in the understanding of nitrate assimilation in the model legume Lotus japonicus. First, different types of experimental evidence are presented that emphasize the importance of the root in the nitrate-reducing assimilatory processes in this plant....
- WATER RIGHTS. MILLER, JEREMY // High Country News;6/24/2013, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p12
In this article the author discusses supply of contaminated drinking water in Seville. It discusses the region behind the contamination of water flowing through loosely joined pipe below the surface of canal. It also reports nitrates as the most harmful contaminants and its long term intake may...
- Monitoring nitrite, N-nitrosodiethanolamine, and mutagenicity in cutting fluids used in the metal industry Pasquini, R.; Spiegelhalder, B.; Sforzolini, G. S.; Monarca, S.; Fatigoni, C. // Environmental Health Perspectives;Jun1993, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p126
No abstract available.
- BH1 and BH2 domains of Bcl-2 are required for inhibition of apoptosis and heterodimerization... Yin, Xiao-Ming; Oltval, Zoltan N. // Nature;5/26/1994, Vol. 369 Issue 6478, p321
Reports that site-specific mutagenesis of Bcl-2 establishes BH1 and BH2 domains as novel dimerization motifs. Mutations that affect Bcl-2's functions; Functional roles for BH1 and BH2 domains.
- Erratum to â€œNew Insights and Unresolved Issues Regarding Insertional Mutagenesis in X-linked SCID Gene Therapyâ€. Pike-Overzet, Karin; Van Der Burg, Mirjam; Wagemaker, Gerard; Van Dongen, Jacques JM; Staal, Frank JT // Molecular Therapy;Jan2008, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p218
A correction to the article "New Insights and Unresolved Issues Regarding Insertional Mutagenesis in X-linked SCID Gene Therapy" that was published in the previous issue is presented.
- Mutation analysis of the GNE gene in Korean patients with distal myopathy with rimmed vacuoles. Kim, Byoung Joon; Ki, Chang-Seok; Kim, Jong-Won; Sung, Duk Hyun; Choi, Young-Chul; Kim, Seung Hyun // Journal of Human Genetics;Sep2006, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p840
A correction to the article, "Mutation analysis of the GNE gene in Korean patients with distal myopathy with rimmed vacuoles," published on 30 August 2006 is presented.