PCR DETECTION OF CAG PATHOGENICITY ISLAND GENES DOES NOT ACCURATELY PREDICT FUNCTIONALITY OF CAG ENCODED PROTEINS
- Optical and structural properties of epitaxially lifted-off GaAs films. Fan, J.C.; Lee, C.P.; Tsai, C. M.; Wang, S. Y.; Tsang, J. S. // Journal of Applied Physics;1/1/1998, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p466
Studies the optical and structural properties of epitaxially lifted off GaAs films. Experimental procedure used; Definition of the structural properties.
- Cryptic sites in vinculin. Gilmore, Andrew P.; Burridge, Keith // Nature;1/19/1995, Vol. 373 Issue 6511, p197
Confirms the fact that vinculin contains an actin-binding domain. Prime domains of vinculin; Controversy over the actin-binding site; Molecules involved in focal adhesion.
- The cytoskeletal protein ezrin regulates EC proliferation and angiogenesis via TNF--induced transcriptional repression of cyclin A. Kishore, Raj; Qin, Gangjian; Luedemann, Corinne; Bord, Evelyn; Hanley, Allison; Silver, Marcy; Gavin, Mary; Goukassian, David; Losordo, Douglas W. // Journal of Clinical Investigation;Aug2005, Vol. 115 Issue 8, p2297
Presents a correction to the article "The Cytoskeletal Protein Ezrin Regulates EC Proliferation and Angiogenesis via TNF--Induced Transcriptional Repression of Cyclin A," by Raj Kishore, Gangjian Qin, Corinne Luedemann, Evelyn Bord, Allison Hanley, Marcy Silver, Mary Gavin, David Goukassian, and...
- Corrigendum: TWEAK induces liver progenitor cell proliferation. // Journal of Clinical Investigation;Oct2005, Vol. 115 Issue 10, p2955
Presents a correction to the article "The Cytoskeletal Protein Ezrin Regulates EC Proliferation and Angiogenesis Via TNF-Î±-Induced Transcriptional Repression of Cyclin A," published in "The Journal of Clinical Investigation."
- Caveolin-1 induces lamellipodia formation via an Akt-dependent pathway. Chanvorachote, Pithi; Chunhacha, Preedakorn; Pongrakhananon, Varisa // Cancer Cell International;2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Background The enhancement of migration is critical for facilitating cancer cell metastasis. Method Lung cancer H23 cells were transfected with either a caveolin-1 (Cav-1) overexpression or shCav-1 plasmid and further subjected to cell migration assays and lamellipodia characterization. The...
- Paxillin: a focal adhesion-associated adaptor protein. Schaller, Michael D // Oncogene;10/1/2001 Review, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p6459
Paxillin is a focal adhesion-associated, phosphotyrosine-containing protein that may play a role in several signaling pathways. Paxillin contains a number of motifs that mediate proteinâ€“protein interactions, including LD motifs, LIM domains, an SH3 domain-binding site and SH2...
- ERK Positive Feedback Regulates a Widespread Network of Tyrosine Phosphorylation Sites across Canonical T Cell Signaling and Actin Cytoskeletal Proteins in Jurkat T Cells. Helou, Ynes A.; Nguyen, Vinh; Beik, Samantha P.; Salomon, Arthur R. // PLoS ONE;Jul2013, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p1
Competing positive and negative signaling feedback pathways play a critical role in tuning the sensitivity of T cell receptor activation by creating an ultrasensitive, bistable switch to selectively enhance responses to foreign ligands while suppressing signals from self peptides. In response to...
- CLOSING IN ON THE BIOLOGICAL FUNCTIONS OF FPS/FES AND FER. Greer, Peter // Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology;Apr2002, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p278
Fps/Fes and Fer are the only known members of a distinct subfamily of the non-receptor protein-tyrosine kinase family. Recent studies indicate that these kinases have roles in regulating cytoskeletal rearrangements and inside?out signalling that accompany receptor?ligand, cell?matrix and...
- Filamin is essential in actin cytoskeletal assembly mediated by p21-activated kinase 1. Vadlamudi, Ratna K.; Li, Feng; Adam, Liana; Nguyen, Diep; Ohta, Yasutaka; Stossel, Thomas P.; Kumar, Rakesh // Nature Cell Biology;Sep2002, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p681
The serine/threonine kinase p21-activated kinase 1 (Pak1) controls the actin cytoskeletal and ruffle formation through mechanisms that are independent of GTPase activity. Here we identify filamin FLNa as a Pak1-interacting protein through a yeast two-hybrid screen using the amino terminus of...