KETAMINE, AN NMDA RECEPTOR ANTAGONIST PREVENTS THE INDUCTION OF CENTRAL SENSITISATION IN A HUMAN MODEL OF VISCERAL PAIN HYPERSENSITIVITY
- COMBATING CHRONIC FOOD ALLERGIES IN KIDS WITH A MULTIDISCIPLINARY APPROACH. Rothenbers, Marc; Collins, Dee // Cincinnati Magazine;Jan2011, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p66
The article offers the author's insights on eosinophilic gastroin testinal disorders (EGID), a chronic allergic reaction, wherein one of 1,000 children have eosinophilic esophagitis.
- Correction: CaldendrinJacob: A Protein Liaison That Couples NMDA Receptor Signalling to the Nucleus. Dieterich, Daniela C.; Karpova, Anna; Mikhaylova, Marina; Zdobnova, Irina; König, Imbritt; Landwehr, Marco; Kreutz, Martin; Smalla, Karl-Heinz; Richter, Karin; Landgraf, Peter; Reissner, Carsten; Boeckers, Tobias M.; Zuschratter, Werner; Spilker, Christina; Seidenbecher, Constanze I; Garner, Craig C.; Gundelfinger, Eckart D.; Kreutz, Michael R. // PLoS Biology;Jan2009, Vol. 7 Issue 1, pe22
A correction to the article "Caldendrin-Jacob: A Protein Liaison That Couples NMDA Receptor Signalling to the Nucleus" that was published in the 2008 issue is presented.
- Endogenous BDNF augments NMDA receptor phosphorylation in the spinal cord via PLCÎ³, PKC, and PI3K/Akt pathways during colitis. Miao Liu; Kay, Jarren C.; Shanwei Shen; Li-Ya Qiao // Journal of Neuroinflammation;Aug2015, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p1
Background: Spinal central sensitization is an important process in the generation and maintenance of visceral hypersensitivity. The release of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) from the primary afferent neurons to the spinal cord contributes to spinal neuronal plasticity and increases...
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis: A New and Rapidly Emerging Condition. Gaby, Alan R. // Townsend Letter;Jan2013, Issue 354, p110
The author discusses eosinophilic esophagitis (EE), an inflammatory disorder of the esophagus. Information is offered on its prevalence in Western societies, clinical manifestations in infants and adults, and medications in treating the condition. He explores hypotheses in the emergence of EE as...
- N-acetylaspartylglutamate in Canavan disease: an adverse effector? Burlina, A. P.; Ferrari, V.; Divry, P.; Gradowska, W.; Jakobs, C.; Bennett, M. J.; Sewell, A. C.; Dionisi-Vici, C.; Burlina, A. B. // European Journal of Pediatrics;1999, Vol. 158 Issue 5, p406
Abstract We measured N-acetylaspartate and its precursor/product N-acetylaspartylglutamate (NAAG) in urine of patients with Canavan disease using capillary zone electrophoresis. Abnormal levels of NAAG were found in 32 of 43 patients examined. Elevated NAAG was also present in the CSF of one...
- N-Methyl-D-Aspartate Receptor-Coupled GlycineB Receptors in the Pathogenesis and Treatment of Schizophrenia: A Critical Review. Millan, M.J. // Current Drug Targets - CNS & Neurological Disorders;Apr2002, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p191
Glutamatergic pathways, metabotropic receptors, and ionotropic a-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methylisoxazole-4-proprionic acid (AMPA), kainate and N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptors are all implicated in the etiology and management of schizophrenia. As concerns NMDA receptors, open channel blockers...
- EFFECT OF KETAMINE, DEXTROMETHORPHAN, AND MK-801 ON COCHLEAR DYSFUNCTION INDUCED BY TRANSIENT ISCHEMIA. Tabuchi, Keiji; Ito, Zenya; Tsuji, Shigeki; Hara, Akira; Wada, Tetsuro; Kusakari, Jun // Annals of Otology, Rhinology & Laryngology;Jan2002, Vol. 111 Issue 1, p44
Investigates the effects of N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) against ischemia-reperfusion injury of the cochlea. Administration of NMDA receptor antagonism not to protect cochlea; Effectivity of NMDA; List of NMDA antagonist.
- NR2B Selective NMDA Receptor Antagonists. Nikam, Sham S.; Meltzer, Leonard T. // Current Pharmaceutical Design;May2002, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p845
NR2B antagonists have received considerable attention in recent years. In this class of excitatory amino acid receptor antagonists NR2B antagonists have shown efficacy in neuroprotection, anti-hyperalgesic and anti-Parkinson animal models. Several groups are involved in developing these...
- Ifenprodil, a Novel NMDA Receptor Antagonist : Site and Mechanism of Action. Williams, Keith // Current Drug Targets;Sep2001, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p285
Ifenprodil is a novel N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor antagonist that selectively inhibits receptors containing the NR2B subunit. As such, it has become widely used as a tool to study subtypes of NMDA receptors both in vitro and in vivo, and as a tool for molecular studies of the properties...