A CLINICAL INVESTIGATION OF THE EFFECTS OF TEGASEROD TREATMENT REGIMEN ON THE SYMPTOMS OF IBS-C IN TEGASEROD RESPONSIVE PATIENTS
- Constipation. Fernandes, Tanya // Nursing Standard;3/21/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p54
A quiz on constipation and constipation in children is presented.
- Rifaximin for IBS without constipation. // OB/GYN Clinical Alert;Mar2011 Clinical Briefs in Primary, p6
The article reports on the effect of Rifaximin for patients who suffer an irritable bowel syndrome without constipation.
- Automated quantitative analysis of nocturnal jejunal motor activity identifies abnormalities in individuals and subgroups of patients with slow transit constipation. Scott, S. M.; Picon, L.; Knowles, C. H.; Fourquet, F.; Yazaki, E.; Williams, N. S.; Lunniss, P. J.; Wingate, D. L. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May2003, Vol. 98 Issue 5, p1123
: ObjectiveSmall bowel dysmotility has previously been demonstrated in some patients with slow transit constipation (STC), suggesting a generalized intestinal disorder. However, no study has addressed whether the incidence of small intestinal dysfunction differs between subgroups of patients in...
- Constipation. // GP: General Practitioner;4/1/2002, p59
Focuses on the disease constipation. Clinical features of the disease; Investigation of the disease; Management of the disease.
- Dientamoeba fragilis: an emerging role in intestinal disease. Lagacé-Wiens, Philippe R.; VanCaeseele, Paul G.; Koschik, Cliff // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;8/29/2006, Vol. 175 Issue 5, p468
The article discusses the results of a study on the emerging role of Dientamoeba (D.) fragilis in intestinal disease. Information on the mode of transmission of D. fragilis is presented. The examination of D. fragilis infection in Manitoba is discussed and several diseases that result from such...
- Prucalopride (Resolor) in the treatment of severe chronic constipation in patients dissatisfied with laxatives. J Tack // Gut;Mar2009, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p357
OBJECTIVE: To determine the efficacy, impact on quality of life (QOL) and safety of prucalopride, a selective, high-affinity 5-HT4receptor agonist, in patients with chronic constipation. METHODS: In this multicentre, randomised, placebo controlled, parallel-group, phase III study, patients with...
- And While We're on the Subject of Water... // Medical Update;Apr99, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p5
Focuses on constipation in older Americans in the United States. Tips for dealing with constipation.
- Evaluation of Constipation. Arce, Daisy A.; Ermocilla, Carlos A.; Costa, Hildegardo // American Family Physician;6/1/2002, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p2283
Focuses on the diagnosis of constipation and the different evaluation approach in adults and children. Factors considered when determining the cause of constipation; Information on constipation; Discussion on the process of defecation; Causes of constipation in adults and children.
- Constipation in Adults. // American Family Physician;6/1/2002, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p2293
Focuses on the diagnosis of constipation in adults. Causes of constipation; Recommended preventive measures or treatment for constipation; Disadvantages of using a laxative.