MORTALITY CAUSED BY INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE IN THE UK: A TWO YEAR SURVEY
- Pre-existing diabetes increased postoperative mortality risk for patients with cancer. // Hem/Onc Today;5/10/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p36
The article discusses research on increased mortality of patients with cancer and pre-existing diabetes, published in a 2010 issue of the journal "Diabetes Care."
- Change in U.S. cancer death rates by 5-year periods, 1971-1995. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;11/19/97, Vol. 89 Issue 22, p1659
Presents a graph on the change in cancer death rates in the United States from 1971-1995.
- Report to the Nation Finds Continuing Declines in Cancer Death Rates Since the Early 1990s. // Tennessee Tribune;4/5/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p3B
The article focuses on a report titled "Annual Report to the Nation on the Status of Cancer, 1975-2008," according to which cancer death rates have declined in the U.S. during 2004-2008.
- Annual Percent Change in Death Rates for Selected Cancers, 1992-2002. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;11/2/2005, Vol. 97 Issue 21, p1567
Presents chart depicting the overall cancer death rates in the U.S.
- How many deaths have been avoided through improvements in cancer survival? Dickinson, Heather O; Richards, M A // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);04/01/2000, Vol. 320 Issue 7239, p895
Deals with a study which examined the decline in morbidity of cancer patients after improvements in cancer survival were introduced in England and Wales. Overview of the efforts of the Great Britain government to reduce mortality from cancer; Subjects and methods; Results of the study.
- Recent Trends in Mortality Rates for Four Major Cancers, by Sex and Race/Ethnicity -- United States, 1990-1998. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;1/25/2002, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p49
Presents a study that examined the annual death rates for the four major cancers by sex and race or ethnicity in the United States from 1990 to 1998. Number of deaths and death rate by type of cancer; Rate of prostate cancer deaths; Rate of female breast cancer deaths.
- Cancer predictions. Hamzelou, Jessica // New Scientist;3/3/2012, Vol. 213 Issue 2854, p4
The article looks at a report published in "Annals of Oncology" by researcher Carlo La Vecchia and team that compared data of cancer mortality in the European Union with population projections and predicted a decline in the percentage of cancer deaths.
- U.S. cancer death rates drop. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Jan1997, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p8
Reports on a decline in cancer death rates as measured during the period from 1990 to 1995. Total decline for the period; Major reduction in lung cancer; Reasons for the decline.
- Cancer deaths will outrank heart deaths by 2000. // Health News Naturally;Spring96, p22
Reports on the forecasts on the growth of the mortality rate for cancer in the United States by the year 2000.
- Survival. Apodaca, Jeff // Cancer News;Summer90, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p2
Editorial. Illustrates the author's experiences as a cancer survivor and how it affected his family. Factors which contributes to the rising number of cancer survivor; How he shared his experiences with other cancer survivors.