IS THE UK GASTROINTESTINAL ENDOSCOPY TRAINING ADEQUATE? THE TRAINER'S AND TRAINEE'S PERSPECTIVES
- Color Enhancement in Endoscopic Images Using Adaptive Sigmoid Function and Space Variant Color Reproduction. Imtiaz, Mohammad S.; Wahid, Khan A. // Computational & Mathematical Methods in Medicine;5/18/2015, Vol. 2015, p1
Modern endoscopes play an important role in diagnosing various gastrointestinal (GI) tract related diseases. The improved visual quality of endoscopic images can provide better diagnosis. This paper presents an efficient color image enhancement method for endoscopic images. It is achieved in two...
- Paediatric gastrointestinal endoscopy: experience in a Sudanese university hospital. Mudawi, H. M. Y.; El Tahir, M. A.; Suleiman, S. H.; Eltaybe, N. H.; Gamer, N. M.; Abdallha, F. A.; Ibrahim, S. Z. // Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal;jul/ago2009, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p1027
We investigated the indications for and findings of gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy in all children â‰¤16 years old referred for the procedure to the endoscopy unit at Soba University Hospital, Khartoum from January 2004 to January 2006. Thus 113 children were enrolled; 73% underwent upper...
- The Use and Misuse of Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. Kahn, Katherine L.; Kosecoff, Jacqueline; Chassin, Mark R.; Solomon, David H.; Brook, Robert H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;10/15/88, Vol. 109 Issue 8, p664
Presents a study which determined how appropriately physicians in 1981 did upper gastrointestinal endoscopy in a randomly selected, community-based sample of Medicare patients. Information on the upper gastrointestinal endoscopy; Reasons for the appropriateness of using the endoscopy procedure;...
- Complications after outpatient upper GI endoscopy in children: 30-day follow-up. Ammar, M. Samer; Pfefferkorn, Marian D.; Croffie, Joseph M.; Gupta, Sandeep K.; Corkins, Mark R.; Fitzgerald, Joseph F. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jul2003, Vol. 98 Issue 7, p1508
: ObjectivesUpper GI endoscopy (UGE) is a common procedure performed for evaluation and treatment of various upper GI tract disorders in children. Limited comprehensive data are available on the complications of UGE in adults and particularly in children. The goals of this study were to identify...
- Endoscopy section research symposium. // Gut;Jun2014 Supplement, Vol. 63, pA29
The article presents an abstract of the study "Performance characteristics of Unsedated Ultrathin Video Endoscopy in the Assessment of the Upper Gastrointestinal (GI) Tract: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis" by Subramanian V and colleagues from an Endoscopy section research symposium.
- Only half of people with acute bleeds endoscoped in 24 hours. // Nursing Standard;5/19/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p17
The article presents results from a national audit conducted in Great Britain which investigated the performance of endoscopy in patients following an acute upper gastrointestinal bleed.
- Endoscopy, but not as we know it. Sharma, Neel // British Journal of Hospital Medicine (17508460);Feb2011, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p115
A letter is presented which discusses various genome-wide association studies on gastrointestinal diseases including coeliac disease, Crohnâ€™s disease and colorectal cancer, which could aid the development of new diagnostic means such as geneoscopy, (a genetic form of endoscopy) that will...
- Gastroenterology training in Europe: unmet educational needs beyond the machines. Ianiro, Gianluca; Gasbarrini, Antonio // Gut;Jan2016, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p185
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Training and competence assessment in GI endoscopy: a systematic review" by V.E. Ekkelenkamp in a 2015 issue of the journal.
- Endoscopic sigmoidopexy: a safer way to treat sigmoid volvulus? Choi, D.; Carter, R. // Journal of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh;Feb98, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p64
Examines the effectiveness of endoscopic sigmoidopexy in treating sigmoid volvulus. Equipments use in the endoscopic technique; Use of sigmoidoscopy in identifying the volvulus apex; Importance of rigid sigmoidoscopy on sigmoid volvulus reduction.