NATIONAL NEEDS ASSESSMENT FOR HEPATITIS C
- I got a health MOT worth Â£650 for free ...by visiting MYGP. Martin Daubney // Mail on Sunday;11/17/2013, p74
LIKE most men who have turned 40 - and many who are much younger - I endlessly and pointlessly worry about my health. A hangover can easily become terminal hepatitis C after a few misguided clicks on Net Doctor.
- Spend more on treating hepatitis C, say campaigners. Kmietowicz, Zosia // BMJ: British Medical Journal;6/1/2013, Vol. 346 Issue 7910, p6
The article discusses the Global Commission on Drug Policy's report that more funds be allocated towards the prevention and treatment of hepatitis C infection than on prosecuting drug users. It discusses the prevalence of hepatitis C and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) among the drug user...
- Hepatitis C--global prevalence (update). // Weekly Epidemiological Record;12/10/99, Vol. 74 Issue 49, p425
Examines the prevalence of hepatitis C infection. Transmission of the virus through body fluids; Spread of the disease by sharing contaminated needles; Identification of a specific health care measures.
- LETTERS. Valori, Roland; Christine, John; Ford, Chris; Curtis, Simon; Burns, Tom; Sashidharan, S.P.; Singh, Swaran P.; Parker, J.; Mumford, D.; Cook, D.A.; Kingham, D.; Willems, P.J.A.; Birkett, Paul; Dedmam, P.; Brown, R.; Short, J.; Arnott, S.; Moore, A. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/7/94, Vol. 308 Issue 6938, p1235
Presents several letters on medical practices in Great Britain. Management of asymptomatic hepatitis C infection; Discussions on the sexual transmission of hepatitis C; Assessment of the community care services.
- State of epidemiological knowledge and national management of hepatitis C virus infection in the European Community, 1996. Nalpas, B.; Desenclos, J.C.; Delarocque-Astagneau, E.; Drucker, J. // European Journal of Public Health;Dec98, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p305
Presents a survey of European Union (EU) member state health authorities concerning hepatitis C virus (HVC). Policies regarding the prevention and medical care of HVC infection in EU states; Variability of the level of assessment of HCV burden among states; HVC prevention and management.
- Senators introduce hepatitis C bill. Highleyman, Liz // Bay Area Reporter;6/19/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p18
Reports on the introduction in May 2003 of a bipartisan legislation directing the federal government of the U.S. to develop a comprehensive national treatment and prevention plan for hepatitis C. Key stipulations of the proposed legislation; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues;...
- Peginterferon-Î±-2a better option for hepatitis C in Brazil. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;11/2/2013, Issue 690, p9
The article cites a study conducted in Brazil which appeared in an article by FMR Barros et al. in the October 8, 2013 issue of "Cost Effectiveness and Resource Allocation," showing that peginterferon-a-2a is more effective and less costly than peginterferon-a-2b in treating chronic hepatitis C.
- HEATITIS B AND C: A CHALLENGE FOR HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS. Khan, Habibullah; Ahmad, Iftikhar // Gomal Journal of Medical Sciences;Jul-Dec2012, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the role of health care providers in addressing hepatitis B and C infections worldwide.
- Screening for Hepatitis C Virus Infection: Recommendations from the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. // Annals of Internal Medicine;3/16/2004, Vol. 140 Issue 6, pI62
Recommends screening for Hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection by the United States Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF). Ability to available tests to accurately identify people with HCV infection; Need for doctors and patients to be aware that screening for HCV infection to not improve patient...