Probiotics for infectious diarrhoea
- Ethnomedicinal plants used for diarrhea by tribals of Meghalaya, Northeast India. Laloo, Damiki; Hemalatha, Siva // Pharmacognosy Reviews;Jul-Dec2011, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p147
Environmental status and diarrhea is regarded as a complex and multidimensional topic. Diarrhea is one of the main waterborne diseases considered to be endemic in many regions of the world and brings the major health threats to the world populations, both in tropical and subtropical poor...
- Tips on treating persistent traveler's diarrhea. // Modern Medicine;Jun96, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p57
Presents the abstract of the study entitled `Persistent Diarrhea in Travelers,' by DuPont and Capsuto published in the January 1996 issue of the `Clinical Infectious Diseases' periodical concerning the treatment of diarrhea. Consideration of parasites; Bacteria; Etiology of traveler's diarrhea.
- Control tabs. // Men's Health;Mar95, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p100
Advises that one may be able to stop diarrhea simply by taking brewer's yeast tablets, according to a group of London doctors in a letter to the `Lancet.' How the yeast works by encouraging the growth of helpful bacteria in the bowel; Availability.
- Warning: Diarrhea kills. // Second Opinion;Jul96, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p1
Discusses concerns for neglected cases of diarrhea. Diarrhea in the elderly and infant diarrhea as examples of diseases susceptible to the overuse of high-technology therapy; Deaths due to diarrhea in the United States occurring after visits to an outpatient medical facility; Studies published...
- The kids remedy adults need too. // Redbook;Mar96, Vol. 186 Issue 5, p36
Reports on the effectiveness of electrolyte-replacement fluids such as Pedialyte in treating diarrhea in adults.
- Diarrhea. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;Oct1993, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p6
Discusses the treatment of diarrhea. Physiology of digestive system; Physiology of diarrhea; Virus responsible; Home management. INSET: When should you see your doctor?.
- Binding resolution. // Men's Health;Oct93, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p16
Recommends a fruit drink to counteract diarrhea. A banana-orange punch provides lost fluids, important nutrients and more.
- Don't forget furazolidone. M.O.R. // Cortlandt Forum;01/25/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p95
Suggests the use of furazolidone as treatment for infectious diarrhea and/or traveler's diarrhea. Possible side-effects; Risk of hypertensive crisis due to monoamine oxidase inhibition; Primary use of furazolidone for protozoal infections.
- Baby saver. Melton, Marissa // U.S. News & World Report;12/22/97, Vol. 123 Issue 24, p78
Reports the recommendation by an advisory panel to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that it approve Wyeth-Ayerst Laboratories' vaccine for rotavirus, the leading cause of childhood diarrhea. Description and statistics of the condition; Clincial tests of the vaccine; The vaccine to be...