Cost effectiveness of peginterferon Î±-2b plus ribavirin versus interferon Î±-2b plus ribavirin for initial treatment of chronic hepatitis C
- Review: Interferon-Î± plus ribavirin improves the virologic response in chronic hepatitis C. Reichen, Juerg // ACP Journal Club;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 137 Issue 1, p17
Provides information on a study that examined whether interferon-Î± plus ribavirin more effective than interferon-Î± alone for improving hepatitis C virologic response and liver-related morbidity and mortality in patients with chronic hepatitis C. Data sources; Study selection; Main...
- FDA Drug Approvals: Rebetol. // Formulary;Sep2003, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p514
Reports on the approval of the ribavirin drug Rebetol from Schering-Plough, the first combination therapy for treatment of hepatitis C in children. Efficacy of the drug in trials; Requirement for dose modification; Dosage.
- HLA class I B44 is associated with sustained response to interferon + ribavirin therapy in patients with chronic hepatitis C. Romero-Gómez, Manuel; González-Escribano, María Francisca; Torres, Belén; Barroso, Natalia; Montes-Cano, Marco Antonio; Sánchez-Muñoz, Diego; Núñez-Roldan, Antonio; Aguilar-Reina, José // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jul2003, Vol. 98 Issue 7, p1621
: ObjectiveThe aim of this study was to assess the influence of host genetic factors on response to combination therapy for chronic hepatitis C infection.: MethodsPatients with biopsy-proved chronic hepatitis C infection were treated with interferon alone (n = 143) or combined therapy of...
- Immunological markers predicting outcome in patients with hepatitis C treated with interferon-Î± and ribavirin. Lee, Silvia; Macquillan, Gerry C; Keane, Niamh M; Flexman, James; Jeffrey, Gary P; French, Martyn Ah; Brochier, Jean; Price, Patricia // Immunology & Cell Biology;Aug2002, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p391
Summary Type 1 (T1) cytokine responses are required for the clearance of hepatitis C virus by cytotoxic T lymphocytes, but can promote liver damage. Interferon-Î± (IFNÎ±) can be expected to promote T1 cytokine responses, so treatment outcome may depend on the T1/T2 cytokine environment and...
- Peginterferon-Î±-2a/ribavirin. // Reactions Weekly;10/1/2011, Issue 1371, p30
The article describes the case of a 53-year-old man who developed bronchial cast expectoration while being treated with peginterferon-&alpha-2a and ribavirin for chronic hepatitis C.
- A Randomized, Controlled Trial to Determine Whether Continued Ribavirin Monotherapy in Hepatitis C Virus--Infected Patients Who Responded to Interferon-Ribavirin Combination Therapy Will Enhance Sustained Virologic Response. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;8/15/2001, Vol. 184 Issue 4, p405
This study assessed the use of ribavirin monotherapy to enhance sustained virologic response in hepatitis C virus (HCV)-infected patients who achieved virologic response to interferon (IFN)-ribavirin combination therapy. Patients who had chronic HCV infection and prior relapse were retreated...
- Peginterferon-Î±-2b/ribavirin. // Reactions Weekly;10/20/2012, Issue 1424, p40
The article describes the case of a 62-year-old man who developed branch retinal artery occlusion (BRAO) and central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO) during treatment with peginterferon-Î±-2b and ribavirin for chronic hepatitis C infection.
- Filgrastim/peginterferon-Î±-2a/ribavirin. // Reactions Weekly;1/29/2011, Issue 1336, p22
The article describes the case report of a 54-year-old female patient with chronic hepatitis C, and who developed severe recurrent neutropenia, thrombocytopenia and agranulocytosis during long-term therapy with SC peginterferon-Î±-2a combined with ribavirin.
- Peginterferon/ribavirin. // Reactions Weekly;11/13/2010, Issue 1327, p30
The article describes the case of depression and fatigue in two men while receiving treatment with peginterferon and ribavirin for chronic hepatitis C.