Scintigraphy versus manometry in patients with suspected biliary sphincter of Oddi dysfunction
- PROPHYLACTIC PANCREATIC DUCT STENTING IN PATIENTS WITH SUSPECTED SPHINCTER OF ODDI DYSFUNCTION BUT NORMAL SPHINCTER OF ODDI MANOMETRY. Prasad, P.; Varadarajulu, S.; Foody, W.; Sabol, D.; Rawls, E.; Payne, M.; Hawes, R.; Cotton, P. // Gut;Apr2003 Supplement 1, Vol. 52, pA78
Background: Although post-ERCP pancreatitis is a well recognised complication among patients with sphincter of Oddi dysfunction (SOD), preliminary data suggest that the rate of pancreatitis could be as high as 10% to 15% even among patients suspected to have SOD but have normal sphincter of Oddi...
- ROLE OF HEPATOBILIARY SCINTIGRAPHY IN THE MANAGEMENT OF SPHINCTER OF ODDI DYSFUNCTION. Seward, E.W.; Guinane, M.J.; Khela, M.K.; Yazaki, E.; Evans, D.F.; Ainley, C.A. // Gut;Apr2003 Supplement 1, Vol. 52, pA85
Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction (SOD) is a cause of postcholecystectomy pain. Current gold-standard diagnosis is by measurement of basal pressure by sphincter of Oddi manometry (SOM), and if elevated an endoscopic sphincterotomy (ES) is performed. Both these procedures carry significant...
- TYPE I BILIARY DYSKINESIA: MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT ETIOLOGY. Lawson, J. Mark // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct1994, Vol. 89 Issue 10, p1912
Discusses research being done on clinical and manometric profile of type I sphincter of Oddi patients. Reference to a study by P. Rolny et al published in a 1993 issue of "Gastrointestinal Endoscopy"; Examples of Oddi dysfunction; Method used to evaluate the patient in the study.
- Motor Pattern of the Sphincter of Oddi in Patients with Bilioenteric Shunt: A Manometric Study. Ponce, Julio; Garrigues, Vicente; Pertejo, Virginia; Sala, Teresa; Berenguer, Joaquin // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct1988, Vol. 83 Issue 10, p1115
An endoscopic biliary manometry was performed on 11 patients with a surgical bilioenteric shunt--choledochoduodenostomy--and no pressure gradient between common bile duct and duodenum. Basal pressure and frequency of the phasic waves of the sphincter of Oddi were significantly higher in these...
- Management of patients with biliary sphincter of Oddi disorder without sphincter of Oddi manometry. Kalaitzakis, Evangelos; Ambrose, Tim; Phillips-Hughes, Jane; Collier, Jane; Chapman, Roger W. // BMC Gastroenterology;2010, Vol. 10, p124
Background: The paucity of controlled data for the treatment of most biliary sphincter of Oddi disorder (SOD) types and the incomplete response to therapy seen in clinical practice and several trials has generated controversy as to the best course of management of these patients. In this...
- Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction: How Is It Diagnosed? How Is It Classified? How Do We Treat It Medically, Endoscopically, and Surgically? Nakeeb, Attila // Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery;Sep2013, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p1557
No abstract available.
- Sphincter of Oddi manometry using guide-wire-type manometer is feasible for examination of sphincter of Oddi motility. Kakuyama, Saori; Nobutani, Kentaro; Masuda, Atsuhiro; Shiomi, Hideyuki; Sanuki, Tsuyoshi; Sugimoto, Maki; Yoshida, Masaru; Arisaka, Yoshifumi; Fujita, Tsuyoshi; Hayakumo, Takanobu; Azuma, Takeshi; Kutsumi, Hiromu // Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct2013, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p1144
Background: Sphincter of Oddi manometry (SOM) is recognized as the standard diagnostic modality for sphincter of Oddi dysfunction (SOD). However, SOM is not commonly performed because of its technical difficulty and the high incidence of post-procedural pancreatitis. To diminish post-procedural...
- CHRONIC PANCREATITIS AND THE SPHINCTER OF ODDI: WHICH IS THE NUMERATOR AND WHICH THE DENOMINATOR? Lebovics, Edward; Heier, Stephen K.; Rosenthal, William S. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug1988, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p854
Introduces a series of articles related to chronic pancreatitis and the sphincter of Oddi.
- Incomplete response to endoscopic sphincterotomy in patients with sphincter of Oddi dysfunction: evidence for a chronic pain disorder. Linder, Jeffrey D.; Klapow, Joshua C.; Linder, Sheri D.; Wilcox, C. Mel // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug2003, Vol. 98 Issue 8, p1738
: ObjectiveThe efficacy of endoscopic treatment of sphincter of Oddi dysfunction (SOD) with endoscopic sphincterotomy (ES) remains controversial. Although some studies have shown a positive impact on patient symptoms after treatment, these reports have been largely qualitative and evaluated on...