PROTAGONIST: Population based endoscopic screening for colorectal cancer
- Colorectal cancer pilot yields positive results. Polak, Monika // GP: General Practitioner;1/14/2002, p08
Focuses on a research on colorectal cancer being conducted in Great Britain in January 2002 which suggests that national screening program would be feasible and effective. Expectations of physicians that the final results would support the scheme; Indications of reduction in death rates by...
- A Focus on the Evidence in Clinical Review Articles. Wright, Janis // American Family Physician;7/15/2002, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p185
Introduces a series of articles on developments in colorectal cancer screening and prevention, published on the July 15, 2002 issue of the 'American Family Physician.'
- Howard University Hospital To Offer Free Colorectal Screenings. // Washington Informer;7/15/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 39, p16
The article reports on the free colon cancer screening offered by the Howard University Cancer Center to Washington, D.C. residents between ages 50 and 64 and those who are insured or whose insurance does not cover the procedure.
- New guidelines on colorectal Ca screening. // Patient Care;3/15/1997, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p13
Presents information on colorectal cancer screening. Information on the benefits of guidelines introduced in January 1998 by the American Gastroenterological Association (AGA); Details on the type of persons who are at an average risk and increased risk of having colorectal cancer; Information...
- ANTAGONIST: Population based endoscopic screening for colorectal cancer. Macafee, D.A.L.; Scholfield, J.H. // Gut;Mar2003, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p323
Opposes the proposal that there should be a national colorectal cancer screening program in Great Britain. Determination of which screening should be used; Fecal occult blood testing; Combined endoscopic and fecal occult blood screening.
- US examines the status of colorectal cancer screening and how it can be improved. // Gastrointestinal Nursing;Apr2010, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p12
The article reports on the evaluation on the use and quality of colorectal cancer screening by a panel of health professionals and representatives in the U.S.
- Colorectal Cancer Screening. Mangla, Bhupesh; Fink, Kenneth // American Family Physician;1/1/2003, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p129
Presents a quiz on colorectal cancer screening. Background on the case study; Age recommended for colorectal cancer screening; Screening options.
- APPENDIX: DETAILED METHODS. // Annals of Internal Medicine;11/4/2008, Vol. 149 Issue 9, pW.117
A detailed methodology and scope of study related to the research "Screening for Colorectal Cancer: A Targeted, Updated Systematic Review for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force," by E. Whitlock and colleagues that is published within the issue is presented.
- How Honest Was Last Month's Colorectal Cancer Screening Campaign? // HealthFacts;Apr2000, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p1
Evaluates the Colorectal Cancer Screening Campaign in the United States.