If Palestinians were human beings
- The world. Hanson, Cynthia; Zipp, Yvonne // Christian Science Monitor;8/12/96, Vol. 88 Issue 180, p2
Reports that Rwanda's parliament has passed a law legalizing the trial of 80,000 detainees accused of genocide.
- Introduction: Atrocity Crimes Litigation During 2010. Scheffer, David // Journal of International Human Rights;Summer2011, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p233
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the practice and jurisprudence of the war crimes tribunals, gender-based violence, and genocide.
- Needed: war-crimes courts that foster reconciliation. Cobban, Helena // Christian Science Monitor;12/14/2000, Vol. 93 Issue 15, p11
Suggests that prevention should be the method used in combating war crimes, genocide, and egregious political violence around the world.
- Building blocks of international justice. // UNESCO Courier;Dec99, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p20
Discusses the role of an international court on settling war crimes and crimes against humanity. First definition of war crimes; Conditions for the identification of genocide; Adoption of a statute for a permanent International Criminal Court; Establishment of ad hoc War Crimes Tribunals.
- SURVEYING THE CARNAGE IN BOSNIA. // International Journal on World Peace;Jun96, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p81
The article reports that the International Criminal Tribunal surveyed the fields near Srebrenica, under the protection of US troops. The fields are believed to hold the remains of up to 7,000 Muslims massacred by Serb fighters. In Sarajevo, James Wofesohn, President of the World Bank, said that...
- GENOCIDE: THE CRIME OF THE CENTURY. THE JURISPRUDENCE OF DEATH AT THE DAWN OF THE NEW MILLENNIUM. Lippman, Matthew // Houston Journal of International Law;Spring2001, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p467
Traces the international legal response to global genocide during the 20th century. Development of the concept of genocide; Doctrine's application and refinement in post-World War II war crimes trials; Evolution of the law of genocide in the trial of Nazi officer Adolf Eichmann, Vietnam War and...
- Communication seeking to accept the ICC's jurisdiction over Egypt is dismissed. // African Business News;5/1/2014, p4
The article reports that the International Criminal Court (ICC) Registrar of Great Britain has canceled the planned meeting with the Freedom and Justice Party which was related to jurisdiction given by the ICC on the dismissal of Egypt because of crimes committed in the country. As mentioned,...
- Objectivity Without Neutrality. Kurspahic, Kemal // Nieman Reports;Spring2003, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p79
Focuses on an article entitled 'Neutrality vs. Objectivity,' which was published in the 1995 issue of Freedom Forum's 'Media Studies Journal.' Concerns of news organizations in relation to testifying about crimes of genocide; List of brave war correspondents; Information on the journalists who...
- Amnesty Int'l: Gaza rocket attacks by Palestinians are war crimes. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;3/26/2015, p1
JERUSALEM (JTA) -- Several rocket attacks launched at Israel from inside the Gaza Strip amount to war crimes, Amnesty International said.