- Peace activists seek return to Iraq to witness against war. Herlinger, Chris // National Catholic Reporter;4/18/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 24, p7
Reports on the attempts of several peace activists to go to Baghdad to witness the United States war against Iraq. Reasons behind the activists' opposition of the U.S.-led war; Impact of the war on Iraqi civilians.
- Ugandan rebels target missions. // National Catholic Reporter;7/4/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 33, p6
Reports on the plans by the rebel, Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda to attack Catholic missions after church leaders sought to mediate a cease-fire between the rebels and the government. Public announcement about the destruction of Catholic missions by the rebels; Initial announcement by the...
- Seattle Protesters Demand End to Israel's War on Lebanon. Pasquini, Elaine // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Nov2006, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p68
The article presents information on an anti-war campaign organized by antiwar activists. Hundreds of protesters gathered at Seattle's Federal Building on August 12, demanding the end to Israel's occupation of Palestine and its 32-day bombing of Lebanon. Advocates of the Green Party's Washington...
- The Current State of Afghanistan. // Off Our Backs;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 34 Issue 7/8, p18
Presents an interview with Afghan women's rights activist and Afghan Women's Network (AWN) member Sadiqa Basiri. Basiri's work in Afghanistan and Pakistan; Sources of funding for AWN; Problems facing women in Afghanistan following the 2001 U.S. invasion; Feelings of women regarding U.S....
- For peace in a time of permanent war. // Green Left Weekly;6/29/2011, Issue 885, p7
The article focuses on the Peace Convergence called by activists for war preparation, resists war, and subservience to the death culture in the U.S. as a response to the involvement of 22,000 Australian and U.S. troops in the annual Talisman Sabre military exercises on June 22, 2011.
- Throwing shoes against the Afghan war, for free speech. Boyle, Peter // Green Left Weekly;11/17/2010, Issue 861, p3
In this article, the author discusses the protests of political activists against the Australia-United States Ministerial (AUSMIN) war talks at the Sydney Stop The War Coalition action, where anti-war activists throw shoes on November 8, 2010 in Sydney, New South Wales.
- Georgian gay leader discusses invasion. // Gay & Lesbian Times;8/21/2008, Issue 1078, p24
The article focuses on the experience of gay activist Paata Sabelashvili concerning the war between Georgia and Russia.
- Protesters Demand End to Israeli Assault on Lebanon. Draves, Amie; Wakim, Miriam // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Nov2006, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p65
The article reports on the anti-war campaigns by peace protestors, demanding an end to the Israeli attack on Lebanon. The event was co-sponsored by the Muslim American Society Freedom Foundation, American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee, and the National Council of Arab Americans. Dozens of...
- INSIDE THE GLOBAL REBELLION. Juergensmeyer, Mark // New Humanist;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 123 Issue 4, p18
The author reflects on the factors that affect the growth of rebellion in the world. He connotes that the growth of radical religious ideologies has provided mediums for development of rebellion against secular authority. He also claims that the actions of religious activists to conduct revolt...