Livni: Israel may not release last group of Palestinian prisoners
- Israel. Livni, Tzipi // Vital Speeches of the Day;Mar2007, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p105
The article presents a speech by Tzipi Livni, Vice Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs in Israel delivered to the 7th Herzliya Conference, Herzliya, Israel on January 22, 2007. Livni discussed the need for Israel to have a written constitution that anchors Israel's overriding goal in...
- Netanyahu fires Lapid and Livni, moving Israel closer to early elections. Sales, Ben // Washington Jewish Week;12/4/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 49, p16
The article reports on the decision of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to fire Finance Minister Yair Lapid and Justice Minister Tzipi Livni after they publicly criticized the performance of Netanyahu as prime minister in 2014.
- Talks to resume Monday in Washington. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;7/28/2013, p1
WASHINGTON (JTA) -- Talks between the Palestinians and Israelis will resume on Monday evening, the first such formal deliberations in nearly three years.
- On the Israel-Palestinian front, a year of disappointment. Sales, Ben // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;7/29/2014, p1
One year ago today, Secretary of State John Kerry stood behind a lectern, flanked by Israeli Justice Minister Tzipi Livni and Palestinian Chief Negotiator Saeb Erekat.
- Is Israel ready to give peace a chance? Frykberg, Mel // Middle East;Nov2008, Issue 394, p16
The article focuses on the condition of the peace process in Israel. According to the article, Tzipi Livni, the country's Prime Minister, has negotiated with several leaders from different political affiliations and conferred with them regarding the economic, political, and peace conditions....
- Shalits trying to adjust to new normal. Oster, Marcy // Washington Jewish Week;10/22/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 42, p12
The article reports on the developments in the lives of the Shalit family in Israel following the return of family member Gilad Shalit from over five years of captivity in Gaza. It cites the visit made by Israeli President Shimon Peres on the Shalit family home in mid-October 2011 to see the...
- Israel. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2009, p879
An encyclopedia entry for the State of Israel is presented. It has a population of 7,112,359 and a land area of 7,849 square miles. The main industries in Israel include manufactures, wood and paper products, and tobacco. The head of state is President Shimon Peres while the head of government...
- Tzipi Livni resigns from Knesset. // New Jersey Jewish News;5/10/2012, Vol. 66 Issue 19, p19
The article informs that Tzipi Livni, member of the Israeli Kadima party, has resigned from the Israel's Knesset.
- Netanyahu fires Lapid and Livni, moving Israel closer to early elections. Sales, Ben // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;12/2/2014, p1
TEL AVIV (JTA) -- For the second time in about two years, Israel appears to be headed toward elections.