FAR WEST Bond-Watch
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;4/4/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31608, p31
Presents information on developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of April 4, 2003. Rating assigned by Fitch Ratings Inc. to 95 million dollars in general obligation bonds to be sold competitively on April 8, 2003 by the West Contra Costa Unified School District in California;...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Williams, Rochelle; Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/6/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31465, p41
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of September 2002. Conduction of a feasibility study on regional cargo airport by the Imperial Valley Economic Development Corp. and Imperial Irrigation District company; Affirmation of debt rating for City of Hope National Medical Center by...
- two weeks in the West. // High Country News;11/13/2006, Vol. 38 Issue 21, p3
The article offers news briefs in the Western U.S. Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne signed the three-state agreement dividing the Platte River Cooperative Agreement in September 2006. The Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corp. railroad proposed a shelling slide-prone slopes within the Montana's...
- the latest bounce. Peterson, Jodi // High Country News;7/24/2006, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p3
The article presents news briefs regarding developments in the western states of the United States. Environmentalists have applauded Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne's rejection of a National Park Service proposal drafted under his predecessor, Gale Norton. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service...
- Unfunded Mandates Reform Act rouses applause from retailers. // Discount Store News;1/16/95, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p16
Reports that the first bill introduced in the Senate in 1995, Senator Dirk Kempthorne's Unfunded Mandates Reform Act, drew an enthusiastic endorsement from the National Retail Federation and 31 state retail associations around the United States.
- From the Hill to the statehouse. Stuart, Elaine // State Government News;Mar98, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p9
Focuses on Senator Dirk Kempthorne of Idaho's plan of leaving the Senate to run for the gubernatorial post in Idaho. Kempthorne's management of the failed campaign of incumbent governor Phil Batt, in 1982; Kempthorne's achievements in his legislative career; Views on the role of state...
- Congressional lawmakers vote to ax unfunded mandates. // Occupational Hazards;Mar95, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p67
Reports on Senator Dirk Kempthorne's introduction of the Unfunded Mandate Reform Act in the US Congress. Passage of the bill in January 1995; Requirements of Kempthorne's bill; Democratic Party's efforts to limit the scope of the bill.
- briefs. CARMONA, JOSÉ L. // Caribbean Business;11/21/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 45, p13
The article offers news briefs related to finance in Puerto Rico as of November 21, 2013 on topics including the declaration of cash dividends of financial service company Popular Inc., postponement of sales tax reduction in the country, and negative debt rating watch released by Fitch Ratings.
- Senate exempts heroic acts. // Occupational Hazards;Jun94, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p14
Reports on a provision amended to the National Competitiveness Act sponsored by US Senator Dirk Kempthorne (R--Idaho). Provisions of the bill; Need for approval from the US House of Representatives.