Strong UC System to Sell $364M, Though Cuts May Lie Ahead
- Virginia Lawmakers OK $10.6M of Debt for Colleges. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32069, p4
Reports on the approval granted to the multimillion borrowing authority for college and university construction projects by the Virginia General Assembly. Amount to be sold of the so-called double-barreled bonds by the state's Treasury board; Status of other bond-related bills in the General...
- CSU, Fresno takes charge of $10 million to increase number of grads. Wenner, Gretchen // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;08/28/2000, Issue 322661, p3
Reports on the California State University's receipt of state funding for its Workforce Investment Initiative to increase the number of graduates in fields where there are workforce shortages. Use of proceeds from the state allocation; Programs expected to benefit from the initiative.
- ILLINOIS: Universities Face Pressure. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/1/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33376, p7
The article reports that public universities receive all or most of their fiscal state aid appropriations for 2010 but they face liquidity problems in Illinois.
- University capital grants halved. Carpenter, Jamie // Regeneration & Renewal;1/18/2010, p5
The article reports on the government's plan to reduce the amount of grant funding for building university facilities in Great Britain.
- Mass. hands out college grants. // Bay Windows;9/8/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 39, p15
The article reports that Massachusetts is giving out 2.5 million dollars in grants to its colleges based on their plans to enhance academic performance.
- Round one at the U of A. Jenkinson, Michael // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/21/94, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p30
Says the 21% cut by Advanced Education Minister Jack Ady will cost the University of Alberta $53.2 million annually by 1996-97. University proposal to cut $12 million; Bite out of the Faculty of Education will be $5 million over three years, 25% of its budget; University plans to change the...
- Nevada Budget Proposes Funding for New State College. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;01/24/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31063, p40
Reports on Nevada governor Kenny Guinn's allocation of a portion of his 3.8-billion-dollar budget proposal for funding a state college in the city of Henderson. Amount to be designated for the proposed college; Number of students who are expected to enroll; Total cost of the school; Guinn's...
- Untitled. // Contract Journal;4/29/2009, Vol. 446 Issue 6720, p6
The article reports that the budget by Great Britain's Chancellor of Exchequer, Alistair Darling, has left the building colleges for the future programme with a funding shortfall of ï¿½4.5 billion resulting in an unclear future for 143 colleges. The programme that was stopped last year due to...
- Models of Institutional Resource Allocation. Volk, Cindy S.; Slaughter, Sheila; Thomas, Scott L. // Journal of Higher Education;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p387
Examines two models of resource allocation to determine the best explained allocation of state dollars among departments within colleges and universities in the United States. Comparison of departments characterized by male and female faculties; Variables indicative of internal stratification;...