Muni Funds Stagnate in March, Gaining Only $18 Million
- When to unload a stock or fund. Altfest, Lewis J. // Medical Economics;04/24/2000, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p50
Gives advice on how investors can approximate the time for unloading stocks or mutual funds. Mistake of using a drop in stock price as an absolute sell signal; Research on the reason for the decline of the stocks; Evaluation of the financial statements.
- FINANCIAL DATA. // Caribbean Business;7/3/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p52
Presents news concerning investments in Puerto Rico for the week ending July 3, 2003. Performance of stocks for the week; Money rates; Mutual funds.
- Stocks vs. Mutual Funds. Stav, Julie // Hispanic;Sep2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p78
Suggests ways for managing stocks and mutual funds. Tips for investing in stocks and mutual funds; Comparison between the two.
- Decisions Decisions. McKinney, Jeffrey // Black Enterprise;Nov2000, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p130
Discusses several factors that should be considered in choosing to invest between stocks or mutual funds. Biggest risk of investing; Strongest reasons investors should consider purchasing individual shares; Overview on the art of portfolio building.
- Burkenroad performance impressive to fund analysts. Roberts, Deon // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/27/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p5
Reports on the performance of the Hancock Horizon Burkenroad Fund in the U.S. Factors contributing to the increased value of mutual fund; Stocks in the mutual fund; Growth in the number of shares of outstanding stocks.
- Recommending the "Right" Funds. // Advisor Today;Aug2001, Vol. 96 Issue 8, p22
Discusses the factors that need to be considered in recommending the appropriate type of mutual funds to clients. Steps to take to ensure an appropriate recommendation; Need for a thorough analysis to determine the source of the money to be invested; Importance of having the funds in the list...
- Investing Styles, Assets Linked...�. // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct98, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p22
States that according to a study conducted by Fidelity Investment Advisor Group, advisors with more that $100 million of assets under management have a tendency to invest more of their clients' money in individual stocks and bonds than in mutual funds. Comments from Raymond J. Marcinowski,...
- The tightwads start shopping. Stires, David // Fortune;10/15/2001, Vol. 144 Issue 7, p240
Focuses on investments by value managers in the technology sector. Topic of shares of stock in Nokia, which are being bought by the Excelsior Value and Restructuring Fund; Managers who are looking at stocks with exposure to the travel business, with the exception of airlines; Value of Disney...
- WASHINGTON MUTUAL INVESTORS. A.C. // Money;Fall2001, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p62
Presents a profile of the Washington Mutual Investors fund. History of the fund; Description of the type of stocks that the fund is allowed to invest in; Success of the fund despite stringent restrictions on the stocks to be included in the fund.
- TWEEDY BROWNE AMERICAN VALUE. Pachetti, Nick // Money;Fall2001, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p80
Presents a profile of the Tweedy Browne American Value fund, managed by Christopher Browne, William Browne and John Spears. Performance of the fund; Investment strategy; Stocks included in the fund.