Banker: Participants Should Understand Tender-Option Bonds
- Singer Steps in for Bigelow at Bear Stearns. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;10/05/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30492, p28
Reports that Nat Singer, a veteran of Bear Stearns & Co.'s public finance department, is now with the firm's municipal derivatives team. Replacement of Robert Bigelow; Singer's observations of the market.
- Illinois, California Deals Top List as Rollover Season Starts. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;6/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31647, p6
This article focuses on the bonds deals to be issued by various agencies in June 2003 in the U.S. The state of Illinois will be in the spotlight with the largest deal of the week starting June 2, 2003 when it sells a $4 billion general obligation offering through Bear, Stearns & Co. on June 4-5,...
- Bear Stearns Paid Huge Fee to Consultant on Illinois' $10B Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31760, p1
Reports that Bear Stearns & Co. paid Springfield Consulting Group LLC 809,000 dollars for the firm's role in helping the underwriter win the top spot on Illinois' ten billion dollar taxable general obligation pension bond deal. Structure of the bonds.
- Bear Stearns Will Run the Books on S.C. Tobacco Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/22/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31023, p3
Reports that South Carolina has chosen Bear Stearns & Co. to run the books on its 800 million dollar tobacco bond sale. Structure of the bonds; Use of the proceeds from the bond sale.
- Bear Stearns Is Wisconsin Book-Runner. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/26/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31271, p1
Reports on the selection of the firm Bear, Stearns & Co. out of 25 other firms to structure and market out tobacco bonds early next year as of November 26, 2001. Basis of selection of the firm; Announcement of firms rounding out the underwriting syndicate; Possible inclusions in the transaction.
- Omaha Selects Bear Stearns To Run Its Biggest-Ever Deal. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;09/22/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30981, p1
Reports on the appointment of Bear Stearns & Co. as co-senior manager of Omaha, Nebraska's convention center bond issue. Structure of the bonds; Rating of the bonds.
- Pension bonds will highlight Philadelphia's debt re-entry. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;11/18/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30523, p1
Announces the re-entry of Philadelphia into the long-term debt market. Volume and value of taxable pension-obligation bonds that it plans to sell; Sale of new-money GO to be managed by lead underwriter Bear Stearns & Co.; Expectations by industry analysts on how bonds will be received by the...
- Rising Bear market. Willis, Gerri // Crain's New York Business;5/6/96, Vol. 12 Issue 19, p3
Profiles Bear Stearns and Company, an investment bank in New York. Bank's investment in a chain of restaurants called Planet Hollywood; Bank's involvement in the merger and acqusition (M&A) business; Comments from Alan D. Schwartz, investment banking chief at Bear Stearns; Total value of deals...
- Bear Axing Brokerage on Chicago Floor. // American Banker;5/1/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 83, p20
Focuses on Bear Stearns Cos., the sixth largest investment banking firm in the United States as of May 2003. Discussion of the company closing its operations at the Chicago Board Options Exchange due to the growth of electronic transactions; Background on the number of jobs lost at Wall Street...