Adjournment Puts Iowa Values Fund on Tap for Special Session
- USDA funding available to meet urgent credit needs of producers. // High Plains Journal;8/15/2011, Vol. 129 Issue 33, p9-B
The article reports that the secretary of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Tom Vilsack has declared that USDA will provide financial assistance for the urgent credit needs of farmers and ranchers.
- Drought Aid Expanded in 22 States. // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;9/19/2012, p2
The article examines the additional 11.8-million-dollar financial and technical assistance announced by U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack to help crop and livestock producers in 22 states apply conservation practices that reduce drought impacts and improve soil productivity. The assistance...
- Vilsack announces rural economic development grants, loans. // High Plains Journal;11/3/2014, Vol. 132 Issue 45, p6B
The article reports that U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack announced the selection of 43 organizations in 27 states for grants and loans to help creating jobs and boost economic development.
- Could Take a Hike. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31760, p25
Reports that Iowa Governor Tom Vilsack has refused to rule out a tax increase to address an unexpected budget shortfall in 2004.
- Vilsack: It's Raining. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/13/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31324, p29
Reports that Iowa governor Tom Vilsack informed lawmakers about consequences the state might face due to its inability to balance its 2002 budget. Use of rainy-day reserve; Budget reductions introduced by the state.
- $1.7 billion in loans set to help rural businesses. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);8/12/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p7
The article reports on the application for loans worth 1.7 billion dollars which was announced by Secretary Tom Vilsack of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) to support rural business in Temple, Texas wherein eligible applicants includes corporations, partnerships, and nonprofit groups.
- USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack: Ag Research Investment Is Vital. // Beef Expert Blog;5/21/2012, p5
The article reports that farming and food related research at Pennsylvania University is key to the future of the U.S., according to U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Secretary Tom Vilsack.
- Secretary Vilsack Made The Right Decision. Cline, Harry // BEEF Exclusive Insight;1/31/2011, p2
The article commends the decision of U.S. Department of Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack to permit the continued sale of Roundup Ready alfalfa, while he negotiates a compromise with anti-biotechnology groups to avoid lawsuits.
- Tenures of U.S. ag secretaries. // Wallaces Farmer;Jun2012, Vol. 137 Issue 6, p68
The article presents a list of the tenures of U.S. agricultural secretaries from Iowa including Tom Vilsack, Ezra Benson and Henry A. Wallace.