Texas Senate Will Support New Tax Measure for Schools
- Texas School Bill in Flux. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/17/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32092, p1
Reports that the Texas Senate will consider a school funding bill approved by the House. Praise given by Lieutenant Governor David Dewhurst on the bill as a starting point for school finance reform; Order of Travis County District Court judge John Dietz for the state to rewrite school finance...
- Battle brews over Texas tax. Teinowitz, Ira // Advertising Age;5/5/2003, Vol. 74 Issue 18, p1
The article reports that the Texas state senate is scheduled to vote on a constitutional amendment involving advertising tax. All Texas senators are co-sponsors of a plan proposed by Texas Lt. Governor David Dewhurst and Education Committee Chairman Florence Shapiro to reduce local property...
- Patrick Plans to Raise Sales Tax, Cut Property Taxes. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/22/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34198, p1
Dan Patrick, the frontrunner in the race for Texas lieutenant governor, has announced plans to raise sales taxes to offset a reduction in property tax rates.
- Ore. Board Is First To Support Sales-Tax Vote. S. R. // Education Week;10/26/1983, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p17
The article reports that board of commissioners for Multnomah County in Oregon became the first county in the state to support a vote on installing a 4-percent state sales tax. The Oregon legislature enlisted the new tax proposal in a special session stimulating that a majority of the state's...
- Ohio lawmakers agree to place tax question on upcoming ballot. Johnston, Robert C. // Education Week;02/25/98, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p19
Discusses the proposals to increase the Ohio state sales tax in order to raise revenue for schools. Number of public school students in Ohio; Effect of the proposed revenue split between school aid and tax relief; Opponents and supporters of the plan.
- Texas GOPers not just waiting on Hutchison. Blake, Aaron // Hill;7/29/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 91, p6
The article reports on the emergence of the question whether U.S. Republican Lieutenant David Dewhurst of Texas will vie for a Senate position to be vacated by Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison in 2009.
- Texas Lt. Gov. files for reelection. Blake, Aaron // Hill;12/9/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 145, p24
The article reports on the reelection filed by Texas Lieutenant Governor David Dewhurst for the seat of Senator Bailey Hutchison.
- Tone-deaf Dewhurst: the lite guv's own worst enemy. MCNEELY, DAVE // East Bernard Express (TX);9/5/2013, Vol. 70 Issue 36, p4
The author reflects on the controversy of Lieutenant Governor David Dewhurst's attempt to bail out his nephew's wife charged with shoplifting in Wharton County, Texas.
- Texas Official to Seek Sales Tax Hike for School Funding. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/14/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31614, p3
Reports on the proposed legislation of lieutenant governor of Texas David Dewhurst of a school finance proposal to increase the state's sales tax. Provisions of the legislation; Expected amount of sales tax for the state; Criticism of the state's school finance proposal.