NEWS IN BRIEF
- Factory, Construction Data Relieve Some Inflation Fears. MATTHEWS, GORDON // American Banker;8/3/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 147, p22
Looks at the impact of released data from the manufacturing and construction sectors on inflation fears in the United States in August 1999. Pace of construction spending; Status of the manufacturing sector; Fears of investors on possible increase in short-term interest rates.
- The Impact of Inflation on the Real Income of U.S. Farmers. Starleaf, Dennis R.; Meyers, William H.; Womack, Abner W. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;May85, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p384
Discusses the impact of inflation on the real income of farmers in the United States. Measures of relative prices over different time periods; Annual index of prices received by farmers for all farm products; Estimates of intercepts of regressions on the prices paid by farmers; Background on...
- The Effects of Inflation on the Welfare and Performance of Agriculture. Bredahl, Maury E. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;May85, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p400
Discusses the effects of inflation on the welfare and performance of agriculture in the United States. Views of Chambers on the flexibility of agricultural prices relative to non-agricultural prices; Impact of macroeconomic forces on the agricultural sector; Factors in agriculture that...
- Grow it Here, Make it Here. Shearer, P. Scott // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;3/12/2012, p4
The article highlights the legislation "Grow it Here, Make it Here," introduced by Michigan Senator Debbie Stabenow that will advance bio-based manufacturing industry using agricultural goods to make value-added products, strengthen the Bio-Preferred program and increase capital access.
- DOMESTIC NONFINANCIAL STATISTICS Selected Measures. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Nov2002, Vol. 88 Issue 11, pA40
Presents a chart depicting the domestic nonfinancial statistics on selected measures in the U.S. Accounts on the total output capacity in manufacturing industries.
- Stocks Turn, Win Support. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;8/18/2015, pA01
1 Automakers, gold miners and biotechs reversed Mon.'s weak start into a healthy finish. Homebuilders assisted, after an uptick in builder morale helped offset a surprise dive in New York regional manufacturing. The Nasdaq ended up 0.9% and the S&P 500 0.5%. Both retook their 50-day averages....
- A step in the right direction. More, Robert // Crops;5/20/2006, p28
The article reports that Great Britain's manufacturer and producers are at the wrong end of a sloping, "free" market playing field, caught in a pincer action of high costs and punitive legislation. However small steps in the right direction can change attitudes toward local food. These...
- Globalization. Herndon, Kerry // FloraCulture International;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p38
The article discusses the impact of globalization to the agricultural sector of the U.S. Globalization does not only bring mild concern among businesspeople but with great alarm. It is but a common thing to hear news on company closings, job losses and automatically connect it with...
- Economic Structure and Context: Key Sectors. // Netherlands Country Monitor;Jan2012, p22
The article focuses on the condition of several key sectors in the Netherlands as of 2011. It mentions the efforts of the Dutch government in promoting the Internet technology in the country. It cites the increasing number of investors who provided their investments to the nation's manufacturing...