California Approves Bonds, Cuts
- California governor may sign parks measure. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;09/08/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30721, p5
Reports that California Governor Gray Davis will sign a $2 billion general obligation bond measure. Improvement of parks and open space; Details of the project.
- California lawmakers pass $4.62 billion in bonds over to governor. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;09/14/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30725, p3
Reports on the addition of a $1.9 billion water bond measure to the $2.7 billion worth of bond bills awaiting California Governor Gray Davis' signature. Bond referendums approved by California lawmakers.
- California going broke. Cline, Harry // Western Farm Press;7/5/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the state budget deficits in California. Retrenchment of government employees; Launch of signature campaign to recall Governor Gray Davis; Escalation of college tuition fee.
- Hey buddy, can you spare $64 million? // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;8/1/2003, Issue 323120, p1
Reports on the budget deficits in California. Financial capacity of the gubernatorial candidates; Assessment of the funding problems; Assessment of the petition drive against Governor Gray Davis.
- California screaming. Campbell, Duncan // Public Finance;7/25/2003, p20
Reports on the financial crisis in the state of California and the threat it poses to public jobs and services. Budget deficit going into the second term of governor Gray Davis; Possibility for a recall election; Political crisis feeding a fiscal one; Cuts in public spending suggested by the...
- California Republicans Shoot Down Tobacco As Way to Pass '04 Budget. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;6/25/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31664, p3
Senate Republicans in California promptly refused a proposal by Democrats to issue more bonds backed by the state's national tobacco settlement proceeds as part of a budget plan to eliminate two of three previously proposed tax increases. The Democratic caucus proposed securing about $1.3...
- California's $4.5B of Tobacco Bonds Could Hit Market in January and April. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;6/3/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31399, p48
Focuses on the inclusion of tobacco securitization bonds in the revised budget proposal of governor Gray Davis in California. Proceeds of the tobacco bond; Costs of electricity purchase; Prediction on budget impasse.
- California governor's record budget plan includes $2.9 billion in bonds. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;01/11/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30805, p4
Reports on California Governor Gray Davis' proposal for a 2.9 billion dollar bond financing. Spending plan for 2000; Appropriations of the budget of the state.
- California Library Bond Vote Ahead. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;09/13/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30724, p1
Reports that California lawmakers have passed a bill asking voters to borrow money to shore up the state's libraries. Expected approval from California governor Gray Davis; Creation of financing pool for the libraries.