- NOTICES. // Gut;Feb2003, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p316
Provides information on several conferences/congresses on gastroenterology. Hepatitis C infections; Therapeutic endoscopy; Inflammatory Bowel Disease; Digestive endoscopy; Gastro-entero-hepato-pancreatology.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease. // Current Medical Literature: Gastroenterology;2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p54
Presents citations and clinicians' notes about inflammatory bowel disease. 'High prevalence of osteoporotic vertebral fractures in patients with Crohn's disease,' by J. Klaus, G. Armbrecht et al.; 'Primary chronic interstitial nephritis in Crohn's disease,' by H. Izzedine, J. Simon et al.
- ATL>Complementary medicine use in children and young adults with inflammatory bowel disease. Heuschkel, Robert; Afzal, Nadeem; Wuerth, Anne; Zurakowski, David; Leichtner, Alan; Kemper, Kathi; Tolia, Vasundhara; Bousvaros, Athos // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Feb2002, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p382
OBJECTIVES:We examined the use of complementary alternative medicine (CAM) in children and young adults with inflammatory bowel disease.METHODS:After validation of a questionnaire and completion of a pilot survey, children and young adults with inflammatory bowel disease were enrolled in three...
- Message from the editor. Mahomed, Adam // South African Gastroenterology Review;Nov2015, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including inflammatory bowel diseases, liver diseases and meetings and conferences related to gastroenterology.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease in Children. Heuschkel, Robert B. // Current Medical Literature: Clinical Nutrition;2003, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p27
Focuses on inflammatory bowel disease in children. Signs and symptoms; Pathophysiology; Diagnosis; Treatment.
- Calendar of Courses, Symposiums, and Conferences. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug2014, Vol. 109 Issue 8, p1299
A calendar of events related to gastroenterology in the U.S. from August to December 2014 is presented which includes the Intensive Review of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, the New Advances in Inflammatory Bowel Disease and the 7th Hepatology and Gastroenterology Post Graduate Course.
- Is there a need for trained nurses in Inflammatory Bowel Disease in Romania? Present conditions, new trends. Marcean, Crin; Catuneanu, Ana-Maria; Lupu, Alexandru; Ioanitescu, Beatrice; Preda, Carmen; Nicolaie, Tudor; Diculescu, Mircea // Maedica - a Journal of Clinical Medicine;2009, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p124
Recent data reveal changes in the epidemiological and therapeutic trends in Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) in Romania. As both incidence and prevalence increase and new possibilities for diagnosis and treatment emerge, the need for highly skilled nurses in the area of IBD becomes a reality,...
- IBD patient panel, open day and annual congress: a winning formula. // British Journal of Nursing;6/28/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p720
The article presents a profile of Marian O'Connor, an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) specialist nurse at St. Mark's Hospital in England who received the GI Nurse of the Year award at the Gastrointestinal Nursing Awards 2012. O'Connor's achievements include the establishment of an IBD Patient...
- How can a large gallstone give rise to chronic diarrhoea? Parente, F.; Colli, A.; Costa, M.; Bargiggia, S.; Greco, S. // Gut;Jan2009, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p24
The article presents a case study of a 78-year old man who complained of chronic diarrhea, fatigue, and weight loss persisting for three months. Physical examination was conducted and found out that the patient appeared to be malnourished. Initial evaluation suggested that intestinal...