Prospective study of liver dysfunction in pregnancy in Southwest Wales
- intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1224
A definition of the term "intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy" which refers to a pregnancy complication involving high levels of pregnancy hormones that obstruct the flow of bile within the liver is presented.
- Liver Disease in Pregnancy. HUNT, CHRISTINE M.; SHARARA, ALA I. // American Family Physician;2/15/1999, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p829
Discusses the relationship of liver diseases in pregnancy in the context of obstetric management. Relation between pregnancy and hepatitis; Discussion on cholelithiasis in pregnancy; Background on intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy.
- Hepatic hemorrhage and the HELLP Syndrome: A surgeon's perspective. Stevenson, Jean T.; Graham, Debra J. // American Surgeon;Sep1995, Vol. 61 Issue 9, p756
Presents a case of a liver rupture in a pregnant patient with Hemolysis, Elevated Liver Enzymes and Low Platelet count (HELLP) syndrome who survived a resuscitative thoracotomy for cardiopulmonary arrest. Hypertension-induced hepatic disease as a common cause of abdominal pain and liver function...
- Liver Disease in Pregnancy. Knox, Tamsin A.; Olans, Lori B. // New England Journal of Medicine;8/22/96, Vol. 335 Issue 8, p569
Focuses on several aspects of liver disease, which can be a rare complication of pregnancy. Acute fatty-liver pregnancy; Normal physiologic changes of pregnancy that can mimic abnormalities associated with liver disease; Common symptoms associated with liver disease during pregnancy; Cholestatic...
- Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy. Riely, Caroline A.; Latham, Patricia S.; Romero, Roberto; Duffy, Thomas P. // Annals of Internal Medicine;May87, Vol. 106 Issue 5, p703
Describes the cases of patients diagnosed with acute fatty liver of pregnancy. Characteristics of patients; Histologic findings in the patients; Complications of acute fatty liver of pregnancy.
- ACUTE HEPATITIS E DURING PREGNANCY; MATERNAL AND FOETAL OUTCOMES. Alvi, Aftab Haider; Sabir, Omer; Ul Haq, Raja Ikram; Nawaz, Arif Amir; Riaz, Iram // Professional Medical Journal;2015, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p1379
Liver disorders during pregnancy may have a strong bearing on both mother and the foetus. Acute Hepatitis E is rightly considered to be an emerging infection. Loco-regional studies have shown it to be the most common cause of Acute Hepatitis in pregnant females. We carried out our study to...
- Liver Disorders Unique to Pregnancy -- Our Experience. Appinabhavi, Arati; Maheswari, Latha; Venkatakrishnan, L. // Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development;Oct-Dec2015, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p98
Background: Liver disorders unique to pregnancy are Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy (IHCP), Syndrome of Hemolysis, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Low Platelet count and Acute fatty liver of pregnancy. The present study is done to analyse the occurrence, complications, mode of delivery and the...
- Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy. Geenes, Victoria; Williamson, Catherine; Geier, Andreas // World Journal of Gastroenterology;5/7/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 17, p2049
Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy (ICP) is a pregnancy-specific liver disorder characterized by maternal pruritus in the third trimester, raised serum bile acids and increased rates of adverse fetal outcomes. The etiology of ICP is complex and not fully understood, but it is likely to result...
- The Pharmacological Management of Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy. Azzaroli, Francesco; Turco, Laura; Lisotti, Andrea; Calvanese, Claudio; Mazzella, Giuseppe // Current Clinical Pharmacology;Feb2011, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p12
Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy is the most common liver disease occurring in the second half of pregnancy, characterized by pruritus and elevated serum bile acids often coupled to abnormal liver tests. Maternal prognosis is favourable with a complete symptom resolution after delivery,...