Mechanisms of hyperinsulinaemia in Child's disease grade B liver cirrhosis investigated in free living conditions
- Platelet count/spleen diameter ratio predicted the presence
of esophageal varices in liver cirrhosis. // ACP Journal Club;May/Jun2004, Vol. 140 Issue 3, pA-16
Presents a correction to the article "Platelet Count/Spleen Diameter Ratio Predicted the Presence of Esophageal Varices in Liver Cirrhosis," previously published in the March-April 2004 issue of the "ACP Journal Club."
- Plasma methionine enkephalin concentration and prognosis in primary biliary cirrhosis. Thornton, J.R.; Losowsky, M.S. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/12/88, Vol. 297 Issue 6658, p1241
Examines the importance of methionine enkephalin concentration for the diagnosis of patients with primary biliary cirrhosis. Severity of the disease; Evaluation of the clinical course of the disease; Diagnosis of the disease.
- Desmopressin and bleeding time in patients with cirrhosis. Burroughs, Andrew K.; Matthews, Katherine; Qadiri, Mohammed; Thomas, Nigel; Kernoff, Peter; Tuddenham, Edward; McIntyre, Neil // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);11/16/1985, Vol. 291 Issue 6506, p1377
Examines desmopressin and bleeding time in patients with cirrhosis. Effects of desmopressin acetate on shortening the bleeding time; Ability of concomitant administration of tranexamic acid in blocking increased fibrinolysis; Usability of desmopressin in correcting defects in hemostasis in...
- Primary biliary cirrhosis: an epidemiological study. Triger, David R. // British Medical Journal;9/20/1980, Vol. 281 Issue 6243, p772
Presents an epidemiological study on primary biliary cirrhosis. Risk factors; Signs and symptoms of the disease; Influence of water supply sanitation on the prevention of the disease.
- Cyclosporin A nephrotoxicity related to changes in haemoglobin concentration. Robson, Simon; Neuberger, James; Alexander, Graeme; Williams, Roger // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);5/12/1984, Vol. 288 Issue 6428, p1417
Describes the effects of cyclosporin A on primary biliary cirrhosis among aged females. Development of nephrotoxicity; Correlation of nephrotoxicity to decrease in hemoglobin concentration; Pharmacokinetics of the drug.
- Synchronous focal liver lesions in a patient with liver cirrhosis: commonplaces may be misleading. Ghittoni, Giorgia; Caturelli, Eugenio; Rossi, Sandro // Gut;Aug2010, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p1155
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Synchronous focal liver lesions in a patient with liver cirrhosis: commonplaces may be misleading," published in a previous issue.
- Spironolactone-Induced Hyperchloremic Acidosis in Cirrhosis. Gabow, Patricia A.; Moore, Scott; Schrier, Robert W. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Mar79, Vol. 90 Issue 3, p338
Presents information on a study which determined the role of spironolactone therapy on the development of metabolic acidosis in patients with alcoholic cirrhosis. Methodology; Results; Discussion.
- Long-term fibrate treatment for PBC. Nakamuta, Makoto; Enjoji, Munechika; Kotoh, Kazuhiro; Shimohashi, Naoya; Tanabe, Yuichi // Journal of Gastroenterology;May2005, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p546
Presents a letter to the editor about long-term fibrate treatment for primary biliary cirrhosis.
- Effect of cirrhosis of the liver on the pharmacokinetics of chlormethiazole. Pentikainen, P.J.; Neuvonen, P.J.; Tarpila, S.; Syvalahti, E. // British Medical Journal;9/23/1978, Vol. 2 Issue 6141, p861
Examines the effect of cirrhosis of the liver on the pharmacokinetics of chlormethiazole. Increase on the systemic bioavailability of oral chlormethiazole; Discussion on the proper dosage of chlormethiazole; Importance of hepatic blood flow for first-pass metabolism.