Retreatment with interferon plus ribavirin of chronic hepatitis C non-responders to interferon monotherapy: a meta-analysis of individual patient data
- Comparison among Different Types, Dosages and Duration of Interferon Therapy in Chronic Hepatitis C. Bresci, G.; Parisi, G.; Metrangolo, S.; Bertoni, M.; Capria, A. // Clinical Drug Investigation;1998, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p271
In an attempt to determine the best therapeutic protocol for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C with interferon (IFN), we reported our experience comparing the efficacy of IFN at the usual dose and duration, i.e. 3 million units (MU) three times weekly for 6 months, with the immediate and...
- Peginterferon Î±-2a (40kD) [Pegasys[sup Â®]] Improves HR-QOL Outcomes Compared with Unmodified Interferon Î±-2a [Roferon[sup Â®]-A]: In Patients with Chronic Hepatitis C. Rasenack, Jens; Zeuzem, Stefan; Feinman, S. Victor; Heathcote, E. Jenny; Manns, Michael; Yoshida, Eric M.; Swain, Mark G.; Gane, Edward; Diago, Moises; Revicki, Dennis A.; Lin, Amy; Wintfeld, Neil; Green, Jesse // PharmacoEconomics;2003, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p341
Background: Use of unmodified interferon Î±-2a in chronic hepatitis C is associated with impaired health-related quality of life during therapy. Treatment with peginterferon Î±-2a (40kD) provides an improved sustained response over unmodified interferon Î±-2a. Objectives: To compare...
- Randomised Trial of Two Different Daily Doses of Interferon-Î± versus Classical Therapy in Treatment-NaÃ¯ve Patients with Chronic Hepatitis C. Montalto, G.; Tripi, S.; Vuturo, O.; Di Gaetano, G.; Soresi, M.; Spadaro, A.; Aiello, A.; Russello, M.; Benigno, R.; Siciliano, R. // Clinical Drug Investigation;2002, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p623
Objective: To evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of two different daily doses of interferon-Î± (lymphoblastoid-IFNÎ±-N1, Wellferon) [IFNÎ±] for 2 months, followed by the same dose on alternate days for up to 1 year, versus administration on alternate days for 1 year. Patients and...
- Interferon-Î±-2a: A Review of its Use in Chronic Hepatitis C. Perry, C.M.; Wilde, M.I. // BioDrugs;1998, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p65
Interferon-Î±-2a, a single interferon-Î± subtype manufactured by use of recombinant DNA technology, has immmunomodulatory, antiviral and antiproliferative properties. It is a beneficial treatment for about 30% of patients with well-compensated chronic hepatitis C. Biochemical responses...
- Interferon-free treatment for HCV may soon be a reality. Shafer, Emily // Infectious Disease News;May2013, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p1
The article focuses on the development of interferon-free treatment for hepatitis C in the U.S.
- Interferon-free therapy effective in treatment-naive patients with HCV genotype 1. // Infectious Disease News;Jan2013, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p28
The article presents a multicenter study, which showed that an interferon-free treatment program was effective in treatment-naive patients with hepatitis C virus (HCV) genotype 1 but less efficient for nonresponders to prior interferon-based therapy.
- Intramuscular interferon beta is not effective for treating hepatitis C. // Modern Medicine;Nov96, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p58
Presents an abstract of the study `Alpha But Not Beta Interferon is Useful in Chronic Active Hepatitis Due to Hepatitis C Virus: A Prospective, Double-Blind, Randomized Study,' by E. Villa, P. Trande, A. Grottola et al and published in the June 1996 issue of the periodical `Digest of Disease...
- Injectable takes aim at chronic hepatitis C. // Drug Topics;11/18/96, Vol. 140 Issue 22, p8
Reports on the approval of the interferon compound Roferon-A for treating hepatitis C.
- New interferon product approved for hepatitis C. // Drug Topics;10/20/97, Vol. 141 Issue 20, p7
Reports on the approval of Infergen (interferon alfacon-1) for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C (HCV) infection. Product considered safe for patients who have never been treated with interferon therapy.