Risk of pancreatic adenocarcinoma in chronic pancreatitis
- Gemcitabine. // Reactions Weekly;6/5/2010, Issue 1304, p19
The article describes the case of a 55-year-old woman who acquired reversible posterior leucoencephalopathy syndrome (RPLS) while undergoing treatment with gemcitabine for metastatic pancreatic adenocarcinoma.
- Heparanase expression is a prognostic indicator for postoperative survival in pancreatic adenocarcinoma. Rohloff, J.; Zinke, J.; Tannapfel, A.; Witszigmann, H.; Mossner, J.; Wittekind, C.; Caca, K. // British Journal of Cancer;4/22/2002, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p1270
Pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma has a median survival of less than 6 months from diagnosis. This is due to the difficulty in early diagnosis, the aggressive biological behaviour of the turnout and a lack of effective therapies for advanced disease. Mammalian heparanase is a heparan-sulphate...
- Overexpression of urokinase-type plasminogen activator in pancreatic adenocarcinoma is regulated by constitutively activated RelA. Wang, Weixin; Abbruzzese, James L; Evans, Douglas B; Chiao, Paul J // Oncogene;8/12/99, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p4554
The Rel/NF-ÎºB transcription factors regulate the expression of many genes. The activity of RelA, a member of the Rel/NF-ÎºB transcription factor family, is constitutively activated in the majority of pancreatic adenocarcinomas and cell lines. We report that the urokinase-type plasminogen...
- Surgical palliation for ductal adenocarcinoma of the pancreas. Deziel, Daniel J.; Wilhelmi, Bradon // American Surgeon;Jul1996, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p582
Presents an evaluation of the short and long term outcomes of operative palliation for unreected ductal adenocarcinoma in a critical review of 319 patients from 1972 to 1990. Overall mortality rate; Biliary enteric anastomosis; Choledochejejunostomy, cholecystojejunostomy and...
- Pancreatic Cancer: Diagnosis and Management. Freelove, Robert; Walling, Anne D. // American Family Physician;2/1/2006, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p485
Although only 32,000 new cases of adenocarcinoma of the pancreas occur in the United States each year, it is the fourth leading cause of cancer deaths in this country. The overall five-year survival rate is 4 percent, and localized, resectable disease has only a 17 percent survival rate. Risk...
- Serous Microcystic Adenocarcinoma of Pancreas Infiltrating Into Spleen: A Case Report. KADHIRVEL, VALARMATHI; RAMU, SATHYALAKSHMI; MISHRA, NIDHI; ADAIKALAM, MARY LILLY SUSAI; VENKATESAN, RAMYA // Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research;Sep2015, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p1
Cystic tumours of pancreas account for 5-10% of all pancreatic neoplasms and serous tumours represent 1% among those tumours. Most of the serous tumours are benign and very rarely they infiltrate adjacent organs like liver and spleen. Herewith we present a rare case report of serous...
- An older woman with diabetes, emesis, and weight loss. Tan, Winston W.; Saunders, Carol S. // Patient Care;4/30/1999, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p163
Describes the case study of an elderly diabetic woman with metastatic pancreatic adenocarcinoma. Past medical history of the patient; Signs and symptoms exhibited by the patient; Ability of pancreatic cancer to cause diabetes; Association between diabetes and chronic pancreatitis.
- CXCR4 positivity linked to liver recurrence, poor survival after PAR. Calabro, Anthony; Shafer, Emily; Taliercio, Adam; Thiel, Bruce; Volansky, Rob // Hem/Onc Today;11/10/2012, Vol. 13 Issue 21, p58
The article reports on the results from a study which indicated ties between CXCR4 positivity and lowered survival time and early liver recurrence in patients who underwent resection for pancreatic adenocarcinoma.
- Antineoplastics. // Reactions Weekly;1/30/2016, Vol. 1586 Issue 1, p42
An abstract of the article "Safety and efficacy of neoadjuvant FOLFIRINOX treatment in a series of patients with borderline resectable pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma," by C. Tinchon and others is presented.