SPECT imaging of the stomach: comparison with barostat, and effects of sex, age, body mass index, and fundoplication
- Is the presence of diffuse gastric hypermetabolism enough to exclude a gastric tumour? Ã–ZGÃœVEN, Salih; DEDE, Fuat; ONES, Tunç; İNANIR, Sabahat; ERDİ, Tanju Yusuf; TUROGLU, Halil Turgut // Marmara Medical Journal;2013, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p176
A quiz related to a case study of 81-year-old male diagnosed with gastric endocrine tumor is presented.
- Computed Tomography and Sonography in Small Bowel Intussusception: A Case Report. Abiri, Shahrokh; Baer, Jeanne; Abiri, Michael // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov1986, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p1076
A 23-yr-old patient with a small bowel intussusception as diagnosed by CT and sonography is presented herein. Sonographic features include a soft tissue mass of bowel origin composed of alternating echodense and echolucent rings. Intussusception by CT has a characteristic appearance created by...
- Detection and diagnosis of gastric carcinoma with multidetector and 3D computed tomography. Bean, Marchelle J.; Horton, Karen M.; Fishman, Elliot K. // Applied Radiology;Mar2005, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p20
Illustrates the usefulness of multidetector computed tomography (MDCT) and 3D computed tomography for the evaluation of gastric carcinoma. Implications of MDCT developments on the visualization and evaluation of the stomach; Ability of MDCT to provide excellent mucosal detail, endoscopy and...
- Gastric subepithelial masses: evaluation of multidetector CT (multiplanar reconstruction and virtual gastroscopy) versus endoscopic ultrasonography. Okten, Riza; Kacar, Sabite; Kucukay, Fahrettin; Sasmaz, Nurgul; Cumhur, Turhan // Abdominal Imaging;Aug2012, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p519
Objectives: To assess the role of multidetector computed tomography (MDCT) with multiplanar reconstruction (MPR) and virtual gastroscopy (VG) for detection and differentiation of gastric subepithelial masses (SEMs) by comparison with endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS). Methods: Forty-one patients...
- MÃ©nÃ©trier's disease diagnosed by enteroclysis CT: a case report and review of the literature. Fiori, R.; Velari, L.; Vito, L.; Della Gatta, F.; Bianchi, M.; Capurso, L.; Simonetti, G. // Abdominal Imaging;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p689
This study reports a case of MÃ©nÃ©trier's disease (MD) in an adult who presented with egigastric pain and peripheric edema. We focused in particular on the imaging and diagnostic aspects of the presenting case as well as clinical, histologic, and therapeutic aspects. Computed tomography...
- Assessment of Gastric Accommodation in Patients with Functional Dyspepsia by 99mTc-Pertechtenate Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography Imaging: Practical but not Widely Accepted. Amiriani, Taghi; Javadi, Hamid; Raiatnavaz, Tahereh; Semnani, Shahriar; Mahmoud-Pashazadeh, Ali; Tabib, Seyed Masoud; Assadi, Majid // Molecular Imaging & Radionuclide Therapy;Oct2015, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p105
Objective: Impaired gastric accommodation is one of the main symptoms in patients with functional dyspepsia. The aim of the present study was to assess gastric accommodation in patients with functional dyspepsia using single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) imaging. Methods:...
- DilataciÃ³n gÃ¡strica aguda en una paciente bulÃmica; repercusiÃ³n sistÃ©mica. Franco-López, Á.; Badillo, S.; Contreras, J. // Nutricion Hospitalaria;2012, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p1364
Objectives: To demonstrate through a clinical case the systemic effects and complications that can arise after an acute gastric dilatation caused by an eating binge. Clinical case: A young woman diagnosed of bulimia nervosa presents to the emergency room after a massive food intake. She shows...
- Menetrier's disease. // British Medical Journal;1/20/1979, Vol. 1 Issue 6157, p150
Focuses on the common gastric diseases. Diagnosis of disease in people between 30 to 50; Incidence of cardiovascular thrombotic disease; Signs and symptoms of disease.
- Massive haematemesis in an African male. Mourra, N.; Marceau, C.; Pacanowski, J.; Tiret, E.; Flejou, J.F. // Gut;Jan2008, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p49
A quiz concerning the diagnosis on a massive haematemesis in an African male is presented.