The Full Picture
- Health officials worried about possible resurgence of HIV-AIDS. // Gay & Lesbian Times;5/15/2003, Issue 803, p32
Reports on the worries of health officials about possible resurgence of HIV-AIDS in Hawaii.
- Epidemiologic trends of HIV/AIDS in Jamaica. Olukoga, Idowu A. // Revista Panamericana de Salud P�blica;May2004, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p358
Offers a look at the epidemiology of HIV/AIDS in Jamaica from 1982 to 2001. Age group with HIV/AIDS infections; Geographic distribution of HIV/AIDS epidemics; Determinants of the epidemic.
- NUMBERS. // Body Politic;Jul86, Issue 128, p19
Reports on the prevalence of AIDS cases in Canada as of June 12, 1986. Comparison of the number of AIDS cases in May 1985 and May 1986.
- The AIDS Increase. Hill, Susie // Metro (NZ);Aug2004, Issue 278, p41
This article reports that the rate of HIV/AIDS infection in New Zealand is the highest it has ever been. The number of new people diagnosed with HIV in New Zealand from 2002 to 2003 jumped 38 per cent, from 136 to 188 cases. The AIDS Foundation is concerned HIV infection in men having sex with...
- A Model for Fighting AIDS. Cristol, Hope // Futurist;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p11
Discusses the efforts of several governments to fight against AIDS. Way Brazil's government took the AIDS threat; Reason that governments in AIDS-plagued Cambodia, Thailand, Nigeria, China and India are conflicted about how to handle the disease; Prevention strategy announced by the U.S.
- CDC data systems collecting behavioral data on HIV counseling and testing. Anderson, John E. // Public Health Reports;1996 Supplement, Vol. 111 Issue 6, p129
Describes the two systems, the HIV Counseling and Testing Data System and the National Health Interview Survey, AIDS Knowledge and Attitudes Supplement, that collect behavioral information on HIV counseling and testing in the United States. Features of the two systems; Providing information for...
- Poverty, Sex and HIV. Nattrass, Nicoli // AIDS & Behavior;Oct2009, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p833
There is an ongoing debate about the relative importance of economic factors (notably poverty) and sexual behavior in driving the AIDS epidemic. This paper draws on relevant research and cross-country regression analysis to argue that the impact of economic determinants is dwarfed by contextual...
- AIDS and Africa - when will the epidemic level off. L�yt�nen, Markku // Fennia;2003, Vol. 181 Issue 1, p1
Discusses the epidemic of AIDS and HIV infection in Africa. Spread of the epidemic worldwide; Percentage of populations in subSaharan African countries that are infected of HIV; Importance of reliable statistics on the spread of AIDS and HIV infections in planning and modelling on when the...
- Last Chance to Halt the AIDS Train. Feizkhah, Elizabeth // Time International (South Pacific Edition);12/17/2001, Issue 50, p14
Reports on the AIDS epidemic in Papua New Guinea. How the disease is spreading rapidly; Efforts to prevent the disease through AIDS awareness campaigns; Lack of screening facilities in the region, which is why many people in the country may have the disease and not realize it.