Doctor or technician
- President's Message. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan1958, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p95
Discusses factors that prove gastroenterology is a broad field. Areas in which the limitations in the field of gastroenterology exist; Topics with which a gastroenterologic internist should be familiar; Fact which indicates that gastroenterology is not a limited field.
- Announcements. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct1995, Vol. 90 Issue 10, p1910
Presents news items and events of interest to gastroenterologists as of October 1995. Overview of a course that will be presented by the Massachusetts General Hospital; Biennial meeting of the International Association for the Study of Liver Disease from February 20 to 24, 1996; 13th...
- The Three-Legged Stool: A Model for the Practicing Clinical Gastroenterologist. Brandt, Lawrence J.; Rogers, Arvey I. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May2007, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p928
(Am J Gastroenterol 2007;102:928â€“929)
- In Memoriam: Jon Isenberg, M.D., Professor Emeritus of
Medicine at UC San Diego School of Medicine. // Ascribe Newswire: Medicine;10/17/2003, p4
The article focuses on the life of the professor of medicine at the UC San Diego School of Medicine, Jon Isenberg, who died on Friday, October 10, 2003 of cancer. He was an internationally recognized gastroenterologist noted for his work in peptic ulcer disease. Isenberg earned his undergraduate...
- FAST STATS. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Feb2009, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p6
The article presents statistics on gastroenterology including the projected shortage of gastroenterologists, cases of diagnosed colorectal cancer, and the number of gasttoenterologists trained per year.
- Embracing Change. Dodman, Michele // Good Medicine;Spring2006, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p24
Profiles gastroenterologist Michele Dodman. Family background; Healthy eating habit of Dodman; Membership to the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM).
- Polyp measurement based on CT colonography and colonoscopy: variability and systematic differences. de Vries, Ayso H.; Bipat, Shandra; Dekker, Evelien; Liedenbaum, Marjolein; Florie, Jasper H.; Fockens, Paul; Kraan, Roel; Mathus-Vliegen, Elizabeth M.; Reitsma, Johannes B.; Truyen, Roel; Vos, Frans M.; Zwinderman, Aeilko H.; Stoker, Jaap // European Radiology;Jun2010, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p1404
To assess the variability and systematic differences in polyp measurements on optical colonoscopy and CT colonography. Gastroenterologists measured 51 polyps by visual estimation, forceps comparison and linear probe. CT colonography observers randomly assessed polyp size two-dimensionally...
- Introduction of Dr. David B. Sachar. Barkin, Jamie S. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Apr1990, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p372
Profiles David Sachar, fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology and the 1990 Henry Baker Lecturer. Educational background; Overview of medical research he initiated; Awards he received for his achievement in medical teaching.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan2001, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p268
Presents information on conferences and gastrointestinal (GI) training designed for gastroenterologists from January to April 2001. 18th Annual Medical & Surgical Gastroenterology: A Multidisciplinary Approach; Gastroenterology Update 2001; American College of Gastroenterology 2001...