Eosinophilic myenteric ganglionitis is associated with functional intestinal obstruction
- ABSTRACTS FOR GASTROENTEROLOGISTS. Galante, V. J.; Walther, Joseph E.; Cane, Walter; Eisenstadt, H. B.; Freund, Norman L.; Lehman, Ernest; Marks, Lionel; Rosenblum, Louis A.; Farfel, Bernard; Rost, Glenn S.; Morganstein, Louis K.; Bernstein, Abraham; Riese, Jacob A.; Immerman, S. L.; Epstein, Ezra J.; Einsel, L. Henry; Cohen, Theodore; Beasley, L. K.; Schwartz, Morton // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov1962, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p599
Presents abstracts on gastroenterology which were previously published in several medical journals in 1961. "Eosinophilic Gastroduodenopathy," by Robert W. Kapp and Redentor J. G. Pagtalunan, published in the February 1961 issue of the "Ohio Medical Journal"; "Cancer of the Large Bowel," by...
- Unusual presentations of eosinophilic gastroenteritis: Case series and review of literature. Sheikh, Rafiq A.; Prindiville, Thomas P.; Pecha, R. Erick; Ruebner, Boris H.; Maconi, Giovanni // World Journal of Gastroenterology;5/7/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 17, p2156
Eosinophilic gastroenteritis (EG) is an uncommon disease characterized by focal or diffuse eosinophilic infiltration of the gastrointestinal tract, and is usually associated with dyspepsia, diarrhea and peripheral eosinophilia. Diffuse gastrointestinal tract and colonic involvement are uncommon....
- Enhanced therapeutic response with addition of Ioratadine in subserosal eosinophilic gastroenteritis. Salkić, Nermin N.; Mustedanagić-Mujanović, Jasminka; Jovanović, Predrag; Alibegović, Ervin // Medicinski Glasnik;Feb2013, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p178
A case of a 45-year-old Caucasian male initially reported with symptoms of acute intestinal obstruction was presented. Diagnostic tests revealed. presence of eosinophilic ascites with marked peripheral eosinophilia, a significant thickening of stomach and intestinal wall and infiltration of...
- Abdominal Cocoon: An Unusual Cause of Subacute Intestinal Obstruction. Shah, Md.; Gedam, B.; Sonarkar, R.; Gopinath, K. // Indian Journal of Surgery;Jun2013 Supplement, Vol. 75, p391
We report an unusual cause of subacute intestinal obstruction in a young adolescent girl, which is a nontubercular abdominal cocoon. Barium meal follow-through revealed 'cauliflower'-like appearance of small bowel. The patient underwent an exploratory laparotomy showing thick fibrous-like...
- LAPAROSCOPY IN THE DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT ACUTE INTESTINAL OBSTRUCTION. Abdulayev, Magomed A.; Avdeev, Alexey M.; Abdukhalimov, Karim S.; Artukhov, Sergey V.; Ezzeddin, Ayeb // Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo Universiteta, Seriia 11: Medicina;2015, Issue 1, p10
An analysis of case histories of 67 patients aged 18 to 85 years, operated in the Alexander hospital for acute intestinal obstruction from 2006 to 2013 using laparoscopy, was performed. 40 (59,7%) patients were operated on for adhesive acute intestinal obstruction laparoscopically. 16 (23,8%) of...
- Intestinal Obstruction Due to Bochdaleck's Hernia in an Adult. Elizondo, Miguel Echenique; Aguinagalde, Borja // Saudi Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct2008, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p211
A letter to the editor is presented about intestinal obstruction due to Bochdaleck's hernia.
- Fecalith Causing Intestinal Obstruction in a Patient with Seckel Syndrome. Sarsu, Sevgi Buyukbese; Belen, Burcu; Karakus, Suleyman Cuneyt; Koku, Naim // APSP Journal of Case Reports;2014, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p1
A letter to the editor is presented on the case of a 4-year old girl with Seckel syndrome (SS), who developed intestinal obstruction due to fecalith.
- A Patient with Hematochezia and Intestinal Obstruction. Kyong Yong Oh; Yoon Jae Kim // Intestinal Research;2014, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p256
The article provides an answer to a question on the common diagnosis in patients who were presented at the hospital with hematochezia and intestinal obstruction.
- COX-2 dependent inflammation increases spinal Fos expression during rodent postoperative ileus. Kreiss, C.; Birder, L.A.; Kiss, S.; VanBibber, M.M.; Bauer, A.J. // Gut;Apr2003, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p527
Background and aims: Cyclooxygenase 2 (COX-2) and prostaglandins (PGs) participate in the pathogenesis of inflammatory postoperative ileus. We sought to determine whether the emerging neuronal modulator COX-2 plays a significant role in primary afferent activation during postoperative ileus...
- Obstruction of the small intestine of horses associated with idiopathic focal eosinophilic enteritis. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;9/23/2006, Vol. 159 Issue 13, p409
An abstract of the paper "Obstruction of the small intestine of horses associated with idiopathic focal eosinophilic enteritis," by D. C. Archer, G. B. Edwards, D. F. Kelly, N. P. French and C. J. Proudman is presented.