Effects of alpha interferon induction plus ribavirin with or without amantadine in the treatment of interferon non-responsive chronic hepatitis C: a randomised trial
- Interferon affacon-1. // Formulary;May2005, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p168
Reports on successful retreatment of chronic hepatitis C patients with a nonresponse to standard interferon/ribavirin using daily consensus interferon and ribavirin.
- Modifications of the Immune Responsiveness in Patients with Hepatitis C Virus Infection following Treatment with IFN-a / Ribavirin. Caradonna, L.; Mastronardi, M.L.; Amati, L.; Magrone, T.; Cuppone, R.; Cozzolongo, R.; Manghisi, O.G.; Caccavo, D.; Amoroso, A.; Jirillo, E. // Current Pharmaceutical Design;May2002, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p981
The balance between T helper (h)1 and Th2 responsiveness seems to represent a key event in the evolution of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection. In particular, Th1 cytokines [interleukin (IL-2) and interferon (IFN-?)] have been demonstrated to mediate the antiviral immune response. Serum levels of...
- Therapy of Chronic Hepatitis C: A Critical Review. Saracco, G.; Olivero, A.; Ciancio, A.; Carenzi, S.; Rizzetto, M. // Current Drug Targets - Infectious Disorders;Mar2003, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p25
Combination therapy (Interferon plus ribavirin) is the current therapeutic gold standard for naive Hepatitis C Virus (HCV)-positive patients and with the recent advent of pegylated (PEG) IFN the rate of the sustained virological response (HCV-RNA clearance 6 months after the end of treatment) is...
- Interferon-Î± Alone versus Interferon-Î± plus Ribavirin in Patients with Chronic Hepatitis C Not Responding to Previous Interferon-Î± Treatment. Tripi, S.; Di Gaetano, G.; Soresi, M.; Cartabellotta, F.; Vassallo, R.; Carroccio, A.; Anastasi, G.; Montalto, G. // BioDrugs;2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p299
Objective: To study the effects of monotherapy with leucocyte interferon-Î± (IFNÎ±) versus IFNÎ± + ribavirin in patients with chronic hepatitis C who were nonresponders to previous courses of recombinant or lymphoblastoid IFNÎ±. Design and setting: This was a nonblind randomised study of...
- Optimizing Ribavirin Exposure by Therapeutic Drug Monitoring Improves Treatment Response in Patients With Chronic Hepatitis C Genotype 1. Stickel, Felix; Worni, Mathias; Pache, Isabelle; Moradpour, Darius; Helbling, Beat; Borovicka, Jan; Gerlach, Tilman J // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jul2013, Vol. 108 Issue 7, p1176
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Optimum Ribavirin Exposure Overcomes Racial Disparity in Efficacy of Peginterferon and Ribavirin Treatment for Hepatitis C Genotype 1" by R. Jin and colleagues in the 2012 issue.
- Triple Therapy for Hepatitis C Virus Infection in Patients Receiving Hemodialysis. Lemoinne, Sara; Barrou, Benoit; Thabut, Dominique // Annals of Internal Medicine;4/15/2014, Vol. 160 Issue 8, p581
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Pegylated interferon-É‘2a with or without low-dose ribavirin for treatment-naive patients with hepatitis C virus genotype 1 receiving hemodialysis:a randomized trial" by C.H. Liu and others in a 2013 issue along with the response.
- Combination Therapy with Interferon-Î± and Ribavirin for Hepatitis C: Practical Treatment Issues. Collier, J.; Chapman, R. // BioDrugs;2001, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p225
Combination therapy with ribavirin and interferon (IFN)-Î± for 6 to 12 months is currently the treatment of choice for chronic hepatitis C infection. The overall sustained response rate to treatment, defined as loss of hepatitis C virus (HCV) from serum 6 months after completion of treatment,...
- Two-pronged attack on hepatitis C. // Consumer Reports on Health;Apr99, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p6
Reports on findings on the effectiveness of using interferon injections with the oral antiviral drug ribavirin to treat hepatitis C, as published in `The New England Journal of Medicine.'
- An evaluation of interferon in the treatment of hepatitis C virus infection. Guay, David R.P. // Formulary;Feb99, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p132
Assesses the efficacy and side effect profiles of interferon (IFN) with or without ribavirin in the treatment of hepatitis C virus (HCV)-infected patients in the United States. Serologic testing; Focus of therapy; Reduction of the biologic and virologic markers of HCV infection; Sustained...