Progressive sclerosing cholangitis after septic shock: a new variant of vanishing bile duct disorders
- Risk Factors of Organ Failure in Patients with Bacteremic Cholangitis. Lee, Ban; Hwang, Jin-Hyeok; Lee, Sang; Jang, Sang; Jang, Eun; Jo, Hyun; Shin, Cheol; Park, Young; Kim, Jin-Wook; Jung, Sook-Hyang; Kim, Nayoung; Lee, Dong; Lee, Jun; Ahn, Soyeon // Digestive Diseases & Sciences;Apr2013, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p1091
Background: Bacteremic cholangitis carries a high mortality rate of up to 10 % in relation to organ failure (OF), including septic shock. Aim: The purpose of this study was to elucidate predictive factors for OF in bacteremic cholangitis. Methods: A retrospective review of all patients diagnosed...
- Gallstones: What Are They? How Are They Treated? // American Family Physician;3/15/2000, Vol. 61 Issue 6, Following p1
Presents information on gallstones. Formation of gallstones; Problems caused by gallstones; Treatment of gallstones.
- Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis and Low-Dose Oral Pulse Methotrexate Therapy. Kaplan, Marshall M.; Arora, Sanjeev; Pincus, Stephanie H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Feb87, Vol. 106 Issue 2, p231
Presents case studies of sclerosing cholangitis in patients who responded to low-dose methotrexate treatment. Clinical history of the patients; Laboratory examination findings; Discussion on the disease.
- Treatment options for common bile duct stones. Ferguson, H.R.; Robinson, T.J. // Postgraduate Medical Journal;Mar2003, Vol. 79 Issue 929, p178
Presents several self-assessment questions regarding treatment options for an 83-year-old woman with common bile duct stones. Symptoms; Diagnosis; Implications on medical research.
- SELF ASSESSMENT ANSWERS: Treatment options for common bile duct stones. // Postgraduate Medical Journal;Mar2003, Vol. 79 Issue 929, p181
Presents the answers to several self-assessment questions regarding treatment options for an 83-year-old woman with common bile duct stones. Symptoms; Diagnosis; Implications on medical research.
- chololith. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p441
An encyclopedia entry for "chololith" which refers to gallstone is presented.
- chololithiasis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p441
An encyclopedia entry for "chololithiasis" is presented.
- Gallbladder disease. Bateson, Malcolm C. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);06/26/99, Vol. 318 Issue 7200, p1745
Focuses on the pathophysiology and treatment of gall stones. Function of the gall bladder; How gall stones may be detected; True symptoms of gall stones.
- Cholescintigraphy in the diagnosis of bile leak after... Sandoval, Bernardo A.; Goettler, Claudia E. // American Surgeon;Jul1997, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p611
Examines the experience of a single institution in which cholescintigraphy is the primary imaging modality used to screen patients in whom a complication of laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC) is suspected. Patients and methods used in the study; Direct bilirubin level in patients with and...