Progressive sclerosing cholangitis after septic shock: a new variant of vanishing bile duct disorders
- Risk Factors of Organ Failure in Patients with Bacteremic Cholangitis. Lee, Ban; Hwang, Jin-Hyeok; Lee, Sang; Jang, Sang; Jang, Eun; Jo, Hyun; Shin, Cheol; Park, Young; Kim, Jin-Wook; Jung, Sook-Hyang; Kim, Nayoung; Lee, Dong; Lee, Jun; Ahn, Soyeon // Digestive Diseases & Sciences;Apr2013, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p1091
Background: Bacteremic cholangitis carries a high mortality rate of up to 10 % in relation to organ failure (OF), including septic shock. Aim: The purpose of this study was to elucidate predictive factors for OF in bacteremic cholangitis. Methods: A retrospective review of all patients diagnosed...
- Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis and Low-Dose Oral Pulse Methotrexate Therapy. Kaplan, Marshall M.; Arora, Sanjeev; Pincus, Stephanie H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Feb87, Vol. 106 Issue 2, p231
Presents case studies of sclerosing cholangitis in patients who responded to low-dose methotrexate treatment. Clinical history of the patients; Laboratory examination findings; Discussion on the disease.
- Treatment options for common bile duct stones. Ferguson, H.R.; Robinson, T.J. // Postgraduate Medical Journal;Mar2003, Vol. 79 Issue 929, p178
Presents several self-assessment questions regarding treatment options for an 83-year-old woman with common bile duct stones. Symptoms; Diagnosis; Implications on medical research.
- SELF ASSESSMENT ANSWERS: Treatment options for common bile duct stones. // Postgraduate Medical Journal;Mar2003, Vol. 79 Issue 929, p181
Presents the answers to several self-assessment questions regarding treatment options for an 83-year-old woman with common bile duct stones. Symptoms; Diagnosis; Implications on medical research.
- chololith. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p441
An encyclopedia entry for "chololith" which refers to gallstone is presented.
- chololithiasis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p441
An encyclopedia entry for "chololithiasis" is presented.
- Gallbladder disease. Bateson, Malcolm C. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);06/26/99, Vol. 318 Issue 7200, p1745
Focuses on the pathophysiology and treatment of gall stones. Function of the gall bladder; How gall stones may be detected; True symptoms of gall stones.
- Cholescintigraphy in the diagnosis of bile leak after... Sandoval, Bernardo A.; Goettler, Claudia E. // American Surgeon;Jul1997, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p611
Examines the experience of a single institution in which cholescintigraphy is the primary imaging modality used to screen patients in whom a complication of laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC) is suspected. Patients and methods used in the study; Direct bilirubin level in patients with and...
- Characterization and clinical impact of antinuclear antibodies in primary biliary cirrhosis Muratori, Paolo; Muratori, Luigi; Ferrari, Rodolfo; Cassani, Fabio; Bianchi, Giampaolo; Lenzi, Marco; Rodrigo, Luis; Linares, Antonio; Fuentes, Dolores; Bianchi, Francesco B. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Feb2003, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p431
: ObjectivesThe clinical impact of antinuclear antibodies in primary biliary cirrhosis is uncertain. We analyzed in detail the antinuclear antibodies reactivity of primary biliary cirrhosis patients and correlated the fine specificities observed with clinical, biochemical, and immunologic...