Close relationship between autoimmune pancreatitis and multifocal fibrosclerosis
- Pancreatic panniculitis. Kalwaniya, Sarita; Choudhary, Pradeep; Aswani, Yashant; Jain, Suresh // Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology;May/Jun2015, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p282
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Panniculitis-Polyarthritis-Pancreatitis Syndrome" by S. Kashyap et al.
- The latest approaches to pancreatic disease. Abbruzzese, James L.; Lowy, Andrew M.; Pleskow, Douglas; Pennachio, Dorothy L. // Patient Care for the Nurse Practitioner;Sep2001, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p41
Provides information on acute pancreatitis (AP), a self-limiting acute inflammatory process that may involve peripancreatic tissues and remote organ systems. Conditions associated with AP; Signs and symptoms of AP; Techniques in the diagnosis of AP; Therapeutic management approaches.
- Duodenal perforation due to a kink in a nasojejunal feeding tube in a patient with severe acute pancreatitis: a case report. Zhihui Tong; Weiqin Li; Xinying Wang; Xianghong Ye; Ning Li; Jieshou Li // Journal of Medical Case Reports;2010, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p1
Introduction: Nasojejunal feeding tube placement can be achieved by fluoroscopic or endoscopic techniques. Significant complications due to nasojejunal feeding tube placement, such as hydrothorax, duodenal perforation and retroperitoneal emphysema, are very rare. We present a case of massive...
- Application of Tissue Microarrays to Study the Influence of Dexamethasone on NF-ÃŽÂºB Expression of Pancreas in Rat with Severe Acute Pancreatitis. Xi Zhang; Ling Zhang; Hong Xu; Yan Xu; Qi Cheng; Jian Wang; Hai Shen // Digestive Diseases & Sciences;Feb2008, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p571
AbstractÃ‚Â Ã‚Â To discuss the influence of dexamethasone on NF-ÃŽÂºB expression of pancreas in rat with severe acute pancreatitis (SAP). Ninety rat SAP models were divided into the model group and dexamethasone treatment group with 45 rats in each group; another healthy 45 rats...
- Local Clustering of PRSS1 R122H Mutations in Hereditary Pancreatitis Patients From Northern Germany. Weiss, Frank Ulrich; Zenker, Martin; Ekici, Arif Bülent; Simon, Peter; Mayerle, Julia; Lerch, Markus M. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct2008, Vol. 103 Issue 10, p2585
OBJECTIVE: The R122H mutation represents the most common point mutation of the cationic trypsinogen gene ( PRSS1) in patients with hereditary pancreatitis (HP; Online Mendelian inheritance in man [OMIM] 167800), a rare variety of chronic pancreatitis. We identified a large number of HP families...
- Indomethacin for Post-ERCP Pancreatitis Prophylaxis: Another Attempt at the Holy Grail. Wagh, Mihir S.; Sherman, Stuart // American Journal of Gastroenterology;May2007, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p984
Acute pancreatitis continues to be the most dreaded complication after ERCP. Various risk factors for post-ERCP pancreatitis have now been recognized including patient-related, procedure-related, and operator-related factors. Numerous attempts at finding the ideal pharmacological agent for...
- Clinical: Clinical Review - Acute pancreatitis. Welchman, Sophie-Anne; Kingsnorth, Andrew // GP: General Practitioner;2/12/2010, p41
The article offers information on acute pancreatitis (AP), which is an inflammation of pancreas gland. It states that its causes are gallstones, drinking of alcohol, which is present in 70-80 percent of cases in Great Britain and congenital abnormalities that are rare causes. It mentions that...
- Bortezomib. // Reactions Weekly;6/8/2013, Issue 1456, p9
The article presents a case study of a 67-year-old man who developed acute pancreatitis while taking bortezomib.
- Pancreatitis CrÃ³nica Secundaria a Litiasis Primaria del Conducto de Wirsung, ClÃnica y Tratamiento QuirÃºrgico. Caso ClÃnico. Torres Castro, Nayeska Marion; Acuña Villegas, Efraín Gerardo; Sánchez Mazzafferro, Rafael; Pena, Diómedes; Mota, Rommel // Informe Medico;abr2010, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p201
Objective: To report the clinical case of a 39 years old woman with chronic pancreatitis secondary to lithiasis of the Wirsung's duct, its clinical manifestations and surgical resolution after failure of the endoscopic procedure. Patients and Methods: We describe the clinical case and treatment...