Industry new products
- MARKETPLACE. // On Wall Street;Jan2003, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p36
Presents news in the financial services industry as of January 2003. Availability of the Blue and White Fund, which invests in Israeli companies traded on U.S. and Israeli exchanges, for public investment; Information on the InvestBio Opportunity Fund from Diversified Biotech Group; Information...
- A Growing Phenomenon, ETFs Promise to Upstage Mutual Funds. // Bank Investment Consultant;Nov2000, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p44
Reports on the growing popularity of the exchange-traded fund (ETF) as a cost- and tax-efficient investment vehicle. Advantages offered by ETF; Total value of ETF assets as of September 30, 2000; Similarities between ETF and stocks; Key reason why investors like ETF.
- Wall Street's Concerns About Card Losses Growing. LEE, W.A. // American Banker;4/4/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 65, p7
Reports on analysts' concerns over their portfolio deterioration due to increasing losses of credit card companies in the U.S. Percentage of personal disposable income used for debt-servicing payments in the fourth quarter of 2002; Statistics showing the deteriorating financial performance of...
- Venture capital shifts to firms targeting Wall St. Walsh, Mark // Crain's New York Business;02/19/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p4
Reports the growing interest of investors in the financial services market in New York. Details on the venture financing deal of Vaultus Inc.; Efforts of Vaultus to target financial firms using the company's software for wireless business; Investment priorities of LaunchCenter 39; Concern over...
- INVESTMENT-RELATED TAX SERVICES. VanDenburgh, William M.; Owsen, Dwight; Schneider, Kent N. // CPA Journal;Sep2002, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p60
Focuses on investment-related tax services for high-net worth individuals. Threat posed by private bankers and brokerage firms to accountants and tax lawyers; Impact of fees on total performance; Downsides of collar recommendations.
- Tories win Euro reprieve for execution-only deals. Duncan, Chris // Money Marketing;9/11/2003, p2
Reports on the developments in the European Commission's (EC) Investment Services Directive as of September 11, 2003. Plan of the EC to require brokers to conduct a suitability test on every new client and provide guidance and risk warnings every time shares were bought and sold; Opposition of...
- Suite and sour. Love, Bruce // Money Marketing;9/11/2003, p38
Reports on the debate between Great Britain government and the Consumers' Association (CA) over the European Commission's investment services directive (ISD). Claim of CA that level of consumer protection provided for in the Sandler suite is lower compared to the ISD; Role of the directive in...
- Unraveling the intricacies of financial services market: A layman's guide to understanding investment services. Vitiello, Anthony // Fairfield County Business Journal;02/26/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p24
Provides advice on investing in the financial services market in the United States. Classification of financial services; Investment in stock brokerage; Fees involved in brokerage services; Investments involving financial planners; Significance of the experience factor of financial planners.
- Wealth and Risk from Leveraged Stock Portfolios. Domian, Dale L.; Racine, Marie D. // Financial Services Review;Spring2002, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p33
Offers information on a study which examined the wealth and risk in leveraged portfolios. Review of literature; Data and methods used; Results.