Indians and Eagles
- Eagle. // Rourke's Native American History & Culture Encyclopedia;Mar2009, Issue 3, p37
The article offers information on importance of eagle symbol among the tribes of Indians of North America.
- The Special Gift of the Eagle. // North Carolina Native American Legends & Folklore;2007, p102
The article presents a Native American folklore which describes the qualities that the eagle represents to many Native American civilizations.
- Arizona tribe insists on federal eagle consultation. // Native American Times;1/23/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p4
The article focuses on the appeal of the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community (SRPMIC) in Arizona to U.S. President-elect Barack Obama for a consultation on the protection of eagles. SRPMIC has criticized the actions of the U.S. Interior Department regarding bald eagles. According to Diane...
- The Eagles HAVE LANDED. ROSSMAN, MEGAN // Oklahoma Today;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p54
The article focuses on the works of Native Americans in Oklahoma to protect and save injured eagles and other birds of prey. It explains that three of the five Native Americ bird sanctuaries in the U.s. are located in Oklahoma. These include the Iowa Tribe of Oklahoma's Grey Snow Eagle House in...
- NEWSBITES. // American Indian Report;Oct2004, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p3
Presents remarks from several professional American Indians. Joe Valandra, a Rosebud Trial member, on services provided by Sioux San Hospital in Rapid City, South Dakota; Johnny Flynn, an American Indian studies professor at Indiana University, Purdue University and Butler University, on...
- Aboriginal veteran forces issues back into spotlight. Barnsley, Paul // Windspeaker;Sep2007, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p10
The article focuses on the hopes of Tom Eagle that the new Conservative Party government of Canada will support the Aboriginal veteran forces. According to the author, Assembly of First Nations (AFN) veterans' committee chair Ray Rogers introduced Tom Eagle, a famous Aboriginal veteran's...
- Eagle named Indian Student of the Year. NOLAND, TRAVIS // Native American Times;12/24/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 52, p8
The article announces that Cherokee Nation citizen and Junior Miss Cherokee Jackie Eagle of Gore, Oklahoma has been named Indian Student of the Year by the Oklahoma Council for Indian Education in December 2010.
- HEART OF THE ROCK: The Indian Invasion of Alcatraz (Book). Kreyche, Gerald F. // USA Today Magazine;Jul2002, Vol. 131 Issue 2686, p81
Reviews the book 'Heart of the Rock: The Indian Invasion of Alcatraz,' by Adam Fortunate Eagle.
- Eagles Legal Battles Soar. TALAHONGVA, PATTY // Native Peoples Magazine;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p30
The article deals with the rising legal disputes on the use of eagle feathers in celebrating religious ceremonies among American Indians. It is said that the practice of using eagle feathers for religious ceremonies became endangered following the passage of the Bald Eagle Protection Act, aimed...
- Circle of Life. Pettigrew, Dawn Karima // Whispering Wind;2011, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p30
The article reviews the book "Circle of Life," by James David Distant Eagle Audlin.