Christopher Moser (1942-2003)
- Barbara Lawrence Schevill: 1909-1997. Rutzmoser, Maria // Journal of Mammalogy;Aug99, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p1048
Pays tribute to Barbara Lawrence Schevill, former curator of mammals at the Harvard Museum of Comparative Zoology, who died in 1997. Career background; Achievements.
- Party in the garden... // Humboldt Historian;Fall1999, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p37
An invitation to a garden party scheduled to be held at the Daly Inn in Eureka, California, on October 17, 1999, during which a demonstration of Native American basket-making was slated to occur, is presented.
- Olde Hope Antiques, Inc. // Magazine Antiques;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 179 Issue 1, p66
The article discusses a Native American basket made in New England circa 1830 to 1840, which is being offered for sale by Olde Hope Antiques, Inc. at the 2012 Winter Antiques Show in New York City.
- NATIVE AMERICAN BASKETS CAN BE TOURIST OR UTILITARIAN. Gilbert, Anne // Antique Shoppe Newspaper;Nov2012, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p16
The article reflects on the artwork regarding Native American baskets including Panamint Olla basket and Tlingit basket whose prices can vary depending on age and quality of design.
- PREFACE. Driesbach, Janice // Fine Art of California Indian Basketry;1996, pix
A preface for the January 1996 issue of the "Fine Art of California Indian Basketry" is presented.
- WEAVING TECHNIQUES. // Fine Art of California Indian Basketry;1996, p110
The article presents images of coiling and twining techniques in Indian basket weaving.
- OBITUARY. // Journal of Mammalogy;May2000, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p617
Pays tribute to Constantinus Gerhardus Van Zyll de Jong, curator at the National Museum of Natural Sciences in Canada, who died from cancer in 1996. Family and educational background; Research programs; Relationship with colleagues.
- Smithsonian Features Native American Basketry. Herzog, Katie // Fiberarts;Summer2004, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p13
The article reviews the exhibition "Language of Native American Baskets: From the Weavers' View" at the Smithsonian's National Museum of the American Indian in New York City, on view until January 9, 2005.
- Helping to weave the dream: Snyder, George // American Craft;Apr/May95, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p8
Predicts bright future for Native American basket weavers. Review of work by the California Indian Basketweavers Association.