I'm Not Married, But I'm Far From Alone
- Divorced and Loving It. Haskell, Rob // Harper's Bazaar;Dec2006, Issue 3541, p241
This article discusses the lives of divorced women and provides analysis on how their lives have improved due to their new single status.
- Modern "Destitution.". // America;3/9/1912, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p519
The author reflects on the issue of destitution by presenting a case of a divorced woman with three children, who complains that the financial support of $250 from her ex-husband is not enough even to meet half of the expenses. The author notes that the destitution that this divorced woman...
- Helping a Friend in Need. // Scholastic Choices;May2001, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p20
Presents advice on how to help a friend whose parent is suffering from a serious illness.
- When a friend divorces. Corey, Judy; McKenzie, Steve // Today's Christian Woman;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p116
Offers tips for comforting a friend who has recently divorced. Sharing the friend's pain and anger; Helping meet the friend's real physical needs; Encouraging the friend toward a deeper faith in God; Nourishing a friend's creative side.
- We salute you, single moms! HOPKINS, ANDREA // Redbook;May2012, Vol. 218 Issue 5, p136
In this article the author discusses help she received from other single mothers and how she helps such mothers in return. She states that she was since suffering from stomach flu when her daughter was small and so emailed a mothers' group who sent a fellow mother to help her. She mentions that...
- THE WORD SIMPï¿½TICO. // New Scientist;6/21/2003, Vol. 178 Issue 2400, p51
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, is one of the most violent cities in the world, notorious for its high crime rate and myriad social ills. It may surprise you, then, to learn that it is also the friendliest. If you fall into trouble in Rio, the chances are better than in any other city that a Good...
- Real Estate Is a Girl's Best Friend. Schneider, Howard // Mortgage Banking;May2005, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p111
This article focuses on the purchase of houses by single women in the U.S. It is not news that baby boomers are eagerly buying first and second homes today. Yet some probably can remember how their mothers were denied mortgages if they applied on their own. Single women comprised 18 percent of...
- The Guide to Stepping Out After Divorce. Grazer, Gigi Levangie // Harper's Bazaar;Jun2007, Issue 3547, p99
The article presents a guide to going out and dating after a divorce by the author of "The Starter Wife." In spite of literally writing the book on the subject, the author found she was uncertain in reentering the single world.
- The Perfect Squelch. Miller, Forrest L. // Saturday Evening Post;Nov1983, Vol. 255 Issue 8, p98
The article presents a joke about a divorced woman.