Texas' Technology Adoption Attracts Web-Based Materials
- Texas Approves Achievement Tests For Local District Assessments. // Educational Marketer;11/18/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p7
Reports that the Texas Education Agency sent school superintendents its list of approved providers of standardized achievement tests that local districts may use for their own assessment purposes.
- Pilot program uses laptops and Internet to improve student learning. // T H E Journal;Mar2000, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p16
Reports on the Texas Education Agency's selection of 14 school districts and 21 technology and curriculum companies to conduct innovative pilot programs that use existing and cutting-edge technology in an effort to boost student learning. Continuation of the study through the 2000-2001 school...
- What We Learned over Summer Vacation. McLester, Susan; Poftak, Amy; Kennedy, Kristen // Technology & Learning;Aug2001, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p6
Reports developments related to technological innovations in educational publishing in the United States as of August 2001. Display of wireless handheld devices in the National Educational Computing Conference; Features of the Internet2; Establishment of the first online public charter school.
- The Need to Balance Reality, Vision. Fletcher, Geoffrey H. // T H E Journal;Nov2004, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on several meetings about technology and education in the U.S. Information on the Leadership, Learning and Technology for the 21st Century forum presented by the Center for Education Leadership and Technology; Function of the Educational Technology Advisory Committee within the Texas...
- Industry News. // T H E Journal;Mar2007, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p15
This article presents news briefs on the educational technology industry. AutoSkill has added a new module to its Academy of Math intervention software called SpanishTutor. The Texas Education Agency, the second-largest state education agency in the country, has hired the National Transcript...
- Addresses of producers and distributors. // Technology Connection;Dec97, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p36
Presents a directory of producers and distributors of educational software and publications in the United States. Includes the American Library Association; Cambrix Publishing; Digital Productions; Disney Educational Productions.
- Learning Networks Draw McGraw-Hill, PLATO; Pearson, Scholastic, AOL Already There. // Electronic Education Report;01/31/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p1
Reports that United States publishers McGraw-Hill Education, PLATO Learning Inc., Pearson Education and Scholastic Inc. have launched or enhanced their online learning networks for schools, students, parents and educators.
- Burnet schools improve in state ratings. WALKER, JAMES // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);8/4/2010, Vol. 138 Issue 31, p1A
The article offers information on a report by the Texas Education Agency (TEA), according to which schools located in Burnet, Texas have improved in ratings, which include Burnet County Consolidated Independent School District, the district's high school and middle school.
- Correction. // Free Press (Buda, TX);8/13/2008, Vol. 105 Issue 19, p2A
A correction to the article about Texas Education Agency (TEA) accountability ratings for Hays Consolidated Independent School District (CISD) is presented.