Publishers Wait for Feds to Define Role in Rebuilding Iraqi Schools
- Editor's Introduction. Mackinnon, Jacquelin // James Cook University Law Review;2006, Vol. 13, p6
The article presents various reports published within the issue including one by Peter Black on incorporating new communications technologies into the teaching and learning mix and another by Lisa Westcott and Mandy Shircore on a curriculum design project for the learning needs of first year...
- Classes for the Contras. // Newsweek;2/27/1989, Vol. 113 Issue 9, p5
Discusses a US Agency for International Development program designed to prepare contra fighters in Honduras for civilian life.
- THE UNEASY TRIANGLE: THEORY, POLICY, AND REALITY IN EDUCATIONAL RESOURCE FLOWS BETWEEN CENTER AND PERIPHERY. Devon, Richard F. // Studies in Comparative International Development;Spring/Summer83, Vol. 18 Issue 1/2, p113
Examines educational resource flows for the purpose of contrasting the theory, policy and reality of diffusionist economics and politics. Role of education in economic development theory; Nature of aid; Similarities between the U.S. Agency for International Development and the World Bank.
- ANÃLISIS DE LOS MATERIALES INSTRUCCIONALES DE CIENCIAS NATURALES. // Revista Mexicana de InvestigaciÃ³n Educativa;ene-mar2004, Vol. 9 Issue 20, p199
No abstract available.
- Course Developers Aim for Balanced Approach. S. D. // Education Week;4/7/1982, Vol. 1 Issue 28, p12
The article reports on the balance approach of introducing students with curriculum-based education about nuclear issues in the U.S. The congress had drawn concern over the topic and had produced ten principles for disarmament education that served as a guide for teachers in preparing their...
- American Textbooks: The First 200 Years. Reynolds Jr., John C. // Educational Leadership;Jan1976, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p274
When conflicting values and attitudes in curriculum are involved, textbooks are apt to become prime targets for criticism Only through cooperative efforts can selection of these materials be kept at an effective and satisfying level.
- FEARLESS FACTOR. Voutos, Gloria E.; Norton, Angela; Dunbar, Wes; Conklin, Shane // Knowledge Quest;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p62
The article informs that in the Northwest Independent School District (ISD), collaboration is expected from all teachers. It has been informed that as collaborators, teachers have tools to tap the potential for all students by the help of school librarian. It has been informed that "Research...
- Controversial Issues: Practical Considerations. Sanchez, Loren E. // Educational Leadership;Dec84/Jan85, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p64
Discusses means for the school board to develop policies that will prevent unnecessary conflicts brought about by controversial issues in the curriculum. Adoption of instructional goals that reflect the desires of the community; Involvement of parents and school staff members; General criteria...
- Report: Sales on online curriculum to K-12 market will hit... // Electronic Education Report;11/19/97, Vol. 4 Issue 22, p5
Reports on the growth of the subscription-based online supplements market at the fastest rate of all electronic instructional materials from 1995-97. Compound annual rate of the curriculum market; Factor which caused the growth in the curriculum market; Revenue of the leading online curriculum...